“Fab little cafe”
Review of Star Express

Star Express
Ranked #202 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed May 1, 2019

I always enjoy coming here. Staff are lovely friendly food is good too. You never have to wait too long for service always visit when I'm in town.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 20, 2019

I visited with my auntie today for some lunch, she is a regular here and it is close to my office so it is very convenient for a bite to eat. It does not look much, a typical "caff" really, but it always seems quite busy but not so much with kids and teens, my preference as I prefer somewhere quiet to eat. Service was polite and friendly and very fast, nice strong builders tea too. I had tinned tomatoes and toast, nice flavour tomatoes and a decent portion, my auntie had bacon, egg, sausage and toast, she said it was lovely and I have to say the bacon did look very nice. Their menu is extensive and has all sorts of things, including burgers, lasagne (meat and veggie) omelettes, jacket potatoes as well as the usual cafe breakfast items which you can have in various sizes and combinations. They also do sandwiches and rolls and a wide range of fillings. It's very reasonably priced, our two meals and two teas came to just under £7 and we were both satisfied with what we ate. I have two minor gripes, one is the chairs, they are bolted to the ground and have a bar across one side which could make it tricky for some people with lesser mobility to get into and also the floor was terribly sticky, you could hear the "tacky" sound of every footstep so this could do with attention, but the kitchen area looks clean so I let that go, but it really should not be sticky like that. All in all a pleasant lunch and I have no complaints about the food or service, or prices, I will come back as I want to try the lasagne!

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Very polite staff and very well trained. Well presented breakfast.
Food was delicious and great value for money food. I honestly say "town best break fast"

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Great value for money food very good, very good service staff very polite and friendly. Only fault with the premises not the food but tables and chairs are fixed can be a bit tight for some people.

2  Thank westham16
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Very nice food. Definitely we will come again with the family. All orders were perfect and presentation was very nice.

Date of visit: January 2019