“Good food.”

Ottoman
Order Online
Ranked #11 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Went this evening with my friends for my birthday, the food was lovely. Service was a bit slow (but wasn’t in a rush) man was serving everyone on his own but it wasn’t busy at the time.
Cost £88 for 4 of us. Definitely recommend for fresh food & nice restaurant.
Hope to visit again soon!

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Seriously overrated, second visit, gave it a chance after first visit, everyone has an off day. The food was average at best, had as good from several takeaways, California Grill in particular. The birds Turkish red wine was nice to be fair, my Effes beer needed to be much colder. Starters were ok/good. Mains were ok/good. Value for money, worth the rave reviews.......no. They were just ok/good. Not worth the price over a takeaway to be honest and that’s piss poor in my mind!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank GaryG251
Reviewed March 6, 2019

This is an excellent and ambient restaurant perfect for those who like onions. I ordered the vegetarian aubergine dish which was delicious, but had the quantity of onion pictured. I’m not a huge fan of onion, so I left most of it, but feel that it may have been a little too much onion even for those who like onions. Hence the 4 rather than 5 rating. However Suffolk is a leading UK producer of onions, over 9,000tn per year, so in this respect it’s great to see the Ottoman supporting local industry. The service was excellent, the wine delicious, the ambience enjoyable and the staff incredibly professional. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, in particular those who enjoy onions.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank StevenMoustache
Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

We booked a last minute table here valentines week on the Internet. We were hopeful we would get a table but not optimistic as we messaged them a few hours before we wanted the table. We had a phone call 20mins later confirming our booking. The resturant is a small but welcoming place with a lovely atmosphere. We ordered the sharing platter as we couldn’t decide what to have. That was a great decision as we got two delicious starters and a massive plate of some of the best tasting barbequed food I have tasted. More than enough for two. It was busy so it was a good atmosphere which also meant we had to wait a little while for the food, which was fine when food tastes so good, and so fresh, so we didn’t mind waiting at all. We would highly recomend this to anyone who enjoys good cooked fresh BBQ meat.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

Had been previously and our meal was huge, lovely but filling, this time were served with children sized portions of rice and the mixed grill was small, overall food great but expensive for what we were served

Date of visit: January 2019