“three visits all outstanding”

Casablanca Restaurant
Order Online
Ranked #8 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed June 5, 2019

This restaurant has got it right from the moment you walk in to the ambience, the food is amazing, and the presentation is outstanding. The waiting staff are serious but attentive!

The mixed mezze was fabulous, the lamb tagine wonderful, the salmon delicious. All the salads have been outstanding

1  Thank Sally C

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

If like me you enjoy the above this is a good place to go. The dish I had came with a salad which was flavoured with a herb which I couldn't place but was excellent. Also served on a grain. They serve some good Lebanese wine from the Bekar Valley. Well worth a repeat visit.

1  Thank peterfrost69
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We went for dinner with my grandparents and, honestly, it was amazing. The sharing platter was generous but didn't over do it. Stuffed vine leaves - amazing! I had the chicken shish for main and it was beautifully done. The sweet salad on the side was delicious and crunchy and the rice and lentils were spot on. Also had the baqclava (hope I spelled it correctly) - beautifully and authentically made. We can't wait to go back next time we're in Ipswich!

1  Thank saraht310718
Reviewed May 11, 2019

I made a reservation to have a birthday meal for my daughter plus break our fast as it's Ramadan. On arrival, we were greeted by a waitress who looked miserable and that set the tone of the evening! There was no warmth by the staff and just felt they did the bare minimum which is not really acceptable. We were given a plate by one of the waitresses that she'd used to take dips to another table, handed the dirty plate to my daughter! Unbelievable. I told the waitress as soon as we sat down that we were fasting but there were no attempts to ask if we needed anything. I've been to many restaurants whilst fasting and staff have gone over and above ensuring you get what you need. Given this is a Lebanese restaurant, I would have expected some due consideration. I will not be returning again after this experience. The mixed grill we ordered had lamb that was quite rubbery. All in all a poor show.

1  Thank Roo2238
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

We had a table for 8 last night, ordered our food at 19.30 and after reminding them we were still waiting we received our food at 21.00, when the food arrived it was average standard. I have eaten here before and thought the food was better. It seems they had forgotten about us and the resulting meals we were served were rushed and of lower standard than I have enjoyed there before.
When we suggested the bill may want to reflect the poor service we had received they said they couldn't make any deductions as two of our party had already paid (they had to rush off after eating so paid there part of the bill) so the ‘computer wouldn’t allow them to alter the bill’ to me this wasn’t satisfactory as it seems a little ridiculous that they would not resolve a customer dispute purely because ‘the computer says no’!!!
We were offered free shots or deserts but our party wasn’t drinking and by this time it was nearly 22.00 and a bit late for a desert.

1  Thank SarahL5558