“Coffees cakes and lampshade workshops!”

Fishface Upholstery
Ranked #6 of 52 Quick Bites in Ipswich
Description: A Coffee and Cake bar offering light lunches including a range of Paninis, Beigels, Toasties, Sandwiches and Salads. A choice of Soups and specials also available. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-free menu including a large range of amazing Gluten and Gluten-free cakes and Vegan cakes. There are also three floors of vintage furniture, Arts and Crafts and we are Ipswich's only Supplier of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™. We have a variety of gifts on offer and with our in-store relaxing music we provide an experience that takes you beyond your coffee and cake. We also allow local artists/furniture painters the chance to rent space in the shop.
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Very unusual eclectic space for elevenses, cafe that also hosts furniture painting, re-upholstery and lampshade workshops! Coffee and cake was good and suspect soup etc would be too. Will give it a try next time we're in Ipswich.

Date of visit: March 2017
FishfaceUpholstery, Owner at Fishface Upholstery, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

thanks for the review. It seems that you liked the food, the fact we are actually an upholsterers and have workshops. We did this prior to becoming provider of Food/Coffee/Cakes.

Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

We visited here after moving to the area and loved the creative atmosphere and great tasting coffee and food.
As well as the cafe this is a real community hub with upholstery and art courses being offered plus with many pieces on sale it's a good place to find some quirky furniture that is after sampling one of their lovely cakes!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Jason C
FishfaceUpholstery, Public Relations Manager at Fishface Upholstery, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2017

Thank you. Glad you appreciated your experience. Really uplifting to hear your comment : )

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Quirky, cosy and comfortable venue for a drink and snack with friends.
Home bake produce with gluten free options PLUS the best decaf coffee.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank suehough
FishfaceUpholstery, Manager at Fishface Upholstery, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thanks for the review : )

Reviewed February 1, 2017

Such a lovely shop/cafe but I didn't get chance to sample the food as I could not get the attention of the staff as they were too busy talking among themselves! I entered the cafe and their conversation did not stop. No one acknowledged me. I sat for about 10 minutes waiting to be served, but no one came over, and their conversation did not stop. Maybe one is supposed to approach the counter for service, but on a previous occasion I had been told they would come to me, which they didn't.

I got up from my table, taking quite a long time to put my coat on, but again no one acknowledged me, and again their conversation did not stop. I exited, again with no acknowledgement from any of the staff. For all they knew I was leaving without paying, but maybe they had an a vague idea that they had not served me, so no payment was due!

Great shame, as its a really lovely establishment in a very quaint part of Ipswich.

Date of visit: January 2017
FishfaceUpholstery, Manager at Fishface Upholstery, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Thank you for coming into Fishface.

Out shop gets very busy and because of this we have placed signs behind the counter, on the menus and dotted around in the shop, stating that you should look through the menu and come to the counter to order. Getting a table is the difficult bit as we do get queues waiting for tables. We have never offered table service so, I can only apologize if you failed to see the 4 or 5 notices saying this.

We do take our Trip Advisor rating very highly and reward our staff on this as service is what we are good at. If you had come to the counter the staff would have bent over backwards to serve you very quickly. What a shame as our food is exceptionally good and our Trip Advertiser ratings shows this. So far we have had two poor results where one person said that the service and food was great but wondered why we sold antiques and now yours where you have not read the signs where it says please find a table and then order at the till.

I do get very disappointed as the shop is judged on comments like these and so far nobody has ever complained about the service and that is because it is excellent. I do hope you come again and definitely get a table first before someone else grabs it.

Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food and well priced! Christmas songs and lovely atmosphere, very unique and cosy

Date of visit: December 2016

Thanks for the review : )