“2nd visit”
Review of Royal George

Royal George
Ranked #72 of 447 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The home of Flaming Good Steaks! Flaming good food at flaming great prices.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I originally gave this pub a poor review. However Tony, the manager, contacted me and offered my friend and I a free meal. So different this time. The staff were friendly and helpful (as before) but this time we didn't have to wait too long for our lasagnes and it was piping hot.
The food was usual pub grub but if thats what your looking for then try this place.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Royal George, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Carole S

Thank you for providing us with your review.

I can confirm that I have passed on your kind comments to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Royal George who would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

We hope to see you soon at the Royal George.

Kind regards,

Flaming Grill

There are newer reviews for Royal George

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Mark who works at the restaurant was a polite, efficient, smart and obliging, he has excellent customer contact and very helpful. My father passed away and Mark helped me arrange the food for the wake. Thank you again for all your help and assistance and the care you put into making it special for my family and friends at this sad time x

1  Thank Adeandsue01
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Cheap food, you get what you pay for. Can not complaint about the food but very slow service, something happened with our food, we waited for our mains at least for 20 minutes even if the restaurant was not full. Don't think we'll be back

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Never usually bother with reviews but felt this was needed one.
We popped in for a quick afternoon meal as we live locally, ordered garlic bread, chips and chicken nuggets with chips.
Wasn't expecting great food for what must be said is a very reasonable price, but ended up waiting 45 minutes for when the place was quiet.
The garlic bread was badly burnt and the chicken and chips looked like a poor kids microwave meal.
Staff seemed generally disinterested and poor customer service skills, seemed to be a real lack of organisation and morale amongst in the place.
Again, great price, but all things considered it wasn't even average pub grub. You could certainly get better value for money in other local pubs.
Didn't make complaint as wasn't worth it for the price paid but won't be heading back until major changes. Shame as nice local venue.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Royal George, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Ipswichscottc

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Royal George (Ipswich) in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Flaming Grill

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Me and my family come to the George all the time as it's near and handy to our home. The food is always nice and the service is always happy and friendly. However today when it was not busy may I add.. We ordered fajitas and waited 5 minutes for the wraps.. Still no wraps we went and asked and was told they were coming. 15 minutes later and still no wraps, everyone had finished there meals and now the dish was cold. Really unimpressed! How can you have fajitas with no wraps!!!!