“Worth the wait”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Lets get the negative out the way first... The wait for a table. It was my daughters 18th and she chose this place. We waited 75 minutes for a table. Unacceptable. When we finally got seated and eating i was very pleasantly surprised. I like spicy food so i went for the hottest piri piri and their hottest sauce. I had chicken, chips & coleslaw - a simple meal but very well cooked. During my long stay there i was amazed at how all the staff were polite and always happy despite it being manic and very busy.price wise its very reasonable- about £14 each. Will definitely go again but on a night when you can book a table

There are newer reviews for Nando's

Reviewed February 21, 2014

If I could eat here every day, I would.
The ambiance of the place just lends itself to a romantic night. The prices are a little advanced for most pockets so its not an every day thing but the food just makes you salivate. The smells are a precursor to sublime tastes. Im moving in and not leaving.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special . Could do better at my own kitchen . Or kebab shops does better chicken . Sauces are nice that's all . One of the Waiting staff was unhappy to serve us .

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Spicy and nicy chicken, I love this place it's up there with bistro on the quay! You can't beat a chicken pitta before a cinema trip... Never fails to please me! Love it!!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

A 1st time visit for us. Our friends wanted to eat here so we agreed.

Very overpriced food, nothing special. You have to order food at the bar, pay for it and then collect your own cutlery and soft drinks.

My wife had a chicken wrap with two sides. I would guess half a breast of chicken in the wrap at most - good value for £11, I don't think so.

I had a meal platter which was a whole chicken with 2 sides and 2 drinks (i guess it's for sharing but the chickens aren't very big) - £20.00.

Service was OK but that's because the service consists of someone bringing you a meal and then clearing your plate away so hardly difficult.

We won't been going again.

1  Thank Hi-Voltage