“Dirty plates and crockery unacceptable!”

Oyster Reach Beefeater
Ranked #109 of 456 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just eaten here and wanted to warn people to check their crockery and cutlery as the standards of cleanliness are not good. The underside of our plates had food remains evident and several of our knifes and forks were not clean. Not good and I won't be returning!

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We have visited the oyster reach a year ago & are shocked by what a difference a year can make.
My partner & I dined here tonight with our parents.The menu has become overpriced & the quality of food very poor.
Mixed grills were dry & meat was very small portions for the price.
Chicken rib was burnt no meat pretty disgusting to be honest.
Gammon was so dry & tasteless.
Service well didnt have any service.The young lady that passed the food basically threw it on the table & ran.
Very disappointing evening to the Oyster reach tonight lots need to change we will not be returning back.There are lots of other places which are much better value for money & homemade cuisine is much better than what tasted like processed food tonight.
I have never moaned on trip adviser before this is a first.so please do not think I'm a moaner just that others need to know it was shockingly awful

Reviewed July 26, 2013

A lunchtime visit with family. Order for drinks taken and we were left to peruse the comprehensive menu. We all enjoyed our starters ,I had the calamari which was new to the menu and very tasty,my main was the rack of ribs which was really meaty,tender and very flavoursome.Could not manage a dessert but the friendly waitress provided extra spoons so that the wives could have a few mouthfuls of the men's Eton Mess and lemon meringue .I had recently joined the reward club and had downloaded a voucher for 50 per cent discount which made it a very good value meal. A nice atmosphere and pleasantly cool in the present heat wave.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The pub restaurant is part of the Beefeater chain but the steak my companion ordered is just right, cooked to perfection and tender. My order of lamb was also excellent and neither plate was overfilled. Good balance. Good selection of seating, well designed not to feel crowded even when full. Decent size car park which it shares with an hotel so parking can be difficult. It is always worth while phoning for a reservation as this is a very popular eatery.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Plenty of outdoor tables to enjoy the summer weather; opposite the marina and near the Orwell Bridge.
Note the road which runs in front of the restaurant is quite busy in the daytime so if you sit outside it may find it noisy.
Service was good and we ordered a large variety of dishes. Favourites were the chicken nachos and the trifle sundae.
We all had a little of both of these!