“Must of changed hands!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have reviewed this restaurant before and i wasnt overly impressed.
However... they must have changed hands as the place has been spruced up.. the menu is better, the food was excellent and the service great too!

I had a chicken burger with salad and bottomless chips which was very nice, the salad was presented well and was fresh, the chicken was chargrilled and very tasty and also the sauces given were very nice too!

My dessert - Lemon sundae was very very nice, tangy lemon icecream with meringue pieces and lemon sauce. Presented very well also.

My only complaint was the cutlery.. It had a funny smell to it like it hadnt been cleaned properly, but apart from that i cannot fault this place now.

Will definatly be returning. Glad they have improved since last time! :)

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Me, my wife and 2 daughters came in for a meal and it was good and the service was also good.
Problem came when I went to pay. I had 2 vouchers, 1 for a free bottle of wine and 1 for half price food off the main menu. I was told the 2 couldn't be used at the same time.. It never stated on either voucher that they couldn't be used together.
The wine was for filling in an online survey and the other voucher was because I have a beefeater loyalty card.
If 2 offers are running at the same time you should be able to use both vouchers at the same time, if this is not the case, it should be clearly stated on the voucher.
The manager was called and did eventually accept the 2 vouchers after a long debate.
The online survey for the bottle of wine should be accepted with any other voucher.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

5th December 2012
Table for 4 only available in bar area.waited 30 mins for starters & only 2 came at the same time had to ask the waiter twice where the outstanding starters were. Eventually came when 2 of our party had eaten.prawn cocktail was served with cheap white thin bread.
Waited another 30 mins for main course which was burgers & chips these were nice.
Desserts never came although ordered & the chocolate warm fudge brownie was hard & looked like it had been over cooked.
Very disappointed with meal sadly & service was poor i felt there was not enough staff.
Pub & surroundings was lovely though very cosy.
Would not rush back & would not be recommending to friends & family :-(

Kevin D, General Manager at Oyster Reach Beefeater, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. I am truly sorry that the service you received was not to the high standards we expect from our team. Having only recently taken over the management of this restaurant & bar, I have recognised that there is clearly an opportunity to provide full table service in our bar area, as we have in the restaurant.

Your feedback is appreciated and only reaffirms my belief that we urgently need to review this area of the business and provide that full table service. Once we have carried out team training, we will look at introducing full service throughout, I would be would be only too pleased to invite you back to "test" these changes with my compliments.

To take up this offer or if you would like to discuss your visit further, please drop me an e-mail to the restaurant with your contact details. Thank you again for your feedback, which will help us in ensuring we deliver that great experience you expect from a Beefeater Restaurant.

Kind regards
Kevin Davies

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We visited on a Sunday, a bit busy but table found quickly, friendly service and excellent value for money,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just average pub grub. Good for families though. We went with grandchildren on our grandesons birthday and they enjoyed it, I had a risotto which was horrible and they serve awful ice cream, but then I'm a foodie, so I'm probably a bit picky. My husbands fish and chips looked okay.