“Very good but one thing let the dining experience down”

Oyster Reach Beefeater
Ranked #253 of 443 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Very good but one thing let the dining experience down”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Me, my wife and 2 daughters came in for a meal and it was good and the service was also good.
Problem came when I went to pay. I had 2 vouchers, 1 for a free bottle of wine and 1 for half price food off the main menu. I was told the 2 couldn't be used at the same time.. It never stated on either voucher that they couldn't be used together.
The wine was for filling in an online survey and the other voucher was because I have a beefeater loyalty card.
If 2 offers are running at the same time you should be able to use both vouchers at the same time, if this is not the case, it should be clearly stated on the voucher.
The manager was called and did eventually accept the 2 vouchers after a long debate.
The online survey for the bottle of wine should be accepted with any other voucher.

“Service poor & food order not taken correctly.long wait & sadly didn't eat at same time”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

5th December 2012
Table for 4 only available in bar area.waited 30 mins for starters & only 2 came at the same time had to ask the waiter twice where the outstanding starters were. Eventually came when 2 of our party had eaten.prawn cocktail was served with cheap white thin bread.
Waited another 30 mins for main course which was burgers & chips these were nice.
Desserts never came although ordered & the chocolate warm fudge brownie was hard & looked like it had been over cooked.
Very disappointed with meal sadly & service was poor i felt there was not enough staff.
Pub & surroundings was lovely though very cosy.
Would not rush back & would not be recommending to friends & family :-(

Kevin D, General Manager at Oyster Reach Beefeater, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. I am truly sorry that the service you received was not to the high standards we expect from our team. Having only recently taken over the management of this restaurant & bar, I have recognised that there is clearly an opportunity to provide full table service in our bar area, as we have in the restaurant.

Your feedback is appreciated and only reaffirms my belief that we urgently need to review this area of the business and provide that full table service. Once we have carried out team training, we will look at introducing full service throughout, I would be would be only too pleased to invite you back to "test" these changes with my compliments.

To take up this offer or if you would like to discuss your visit further, please drop me an e-mail to the restaurant with your contact details. Thank you again for your feedback, which will help us in ensuring we deliver that great experience you expect from a Beefeater Restaurant.

Kind regards
Kevin Davies
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We visited on a Sunday, a bit busy but table found quickly, friendly service and excellent value for money,

Trimley, Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just average pub grub. Good for families though. We went with grandchildren on our grandesons birthday and they enjoyed it, I had a risotto which was horrible and they serve awful ice cream, but then I'm a foodie, so I'm probably a bit picky. My husbands fish and chips looked okay.

Visited June 2012
Chesterfield
“Lovely Grub”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a Beefeater Restaurant and it's wise to book in advance as each time we've been here it's been very busy. The service is very good as is the food. The restaurant is adjacent to a Premier Inn, which is how we first came to use it, but even when we haven't stayed at this hotel, we still come here for a meal. We would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited October 2012