“The Best Chinese Ever”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Booked a table for 6.30 as going to a show next door. One of our party was held up so we didn't arrive til 7. They were fine with this but meant we could only choose from one menu due to time restriction. (No idea what was on other menu).
We ordered a selection of our favourite dishes. They were all fabulous. Fresh and really tasty no hint of the plastic sauces and synthetic foods you sometimes find from 'Chinese restaurants'.
Simply the best I have Ever tasted!! Staff very polite and professional.
Can't wait to go back.

There are newer reviews for Mr Wing

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We wanted dinner on a Saturday Night and had to wait three weeks to find a table for four. Two sittings last night. You don't need to know much more, it says it all. Great Chinese Food at a price you can afford.
We travel 40 miles to Ipswich we cannot find great Chinese food close to home at a price which make sense.
You wont find better. Book early.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Have visited Mr Wings on a number of occasions, most recently for a friends birthday night out... for which they presented a little bowl of ice cream at the end of the meal with a candle in it while happy birthday played to the whole restaurant lol!

We have the all you can eat buffet, which is cooked to order rather than one of those places that have it all out on display, and always come out full and satisfied. I can recommend the plate of mixed hors d'oeurvres as a starter as it has such a selection of goodies and the restaurant will happily swap out something if you don't like it, they also cater nicely for the veggie contingency!

Service is always with a smile and the waiting staff have what I think is a good balance between hovering and ignoring, yes when it gets busy service can get a little slower but that's surely unavoidable, I've never had bad service.

If I was looking for a 'special' restaurant with superior food I would go to Trongs or possibly AquaEight but with adult buffet prices between £16 (Sun-Thurs) and £18 (Fri-Sat) per person for such a tasty feast, this restaurant is good value for money and the food is always yummy.

I recommend booking, especially if the Regent has a show on as it's a very popular pre-show venue and it can get busy over weekends.

1  Thank Alison W
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had the buffet picked from the menu. We couldn't eat as much as everyone else but what we had was great. Cooked superbly and for the price, was well worth it. Just go on an empty stomach. If in the area again, will be going again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My friends and I are always looking for new places to go try and this time it was our turn to book, so we thought we'd try Mr Wings. I have to say the food was excellent, really enjoyed all of it, but in particular the platters of starters that we chose. I would definitely go back and just wished that I could have fitted more in!

The only negative thing I would say is that the decor could do with a serious face lift. They obviously do very well and should consider re-investing to make to look and feel of the restaurant more contemporary. Still this has no effect on how good the food tastes!!