“Lovely birthday meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Lovely birthday meal”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Lovely restaurant. lovely meal.Went here for a meal for my boyfriends birthday, we went for the buffet, which is great cos its not really a buffet, you pay a set price and can order as many dishes as you like! Which are then made fresh and brought to your table, which is better than a buffet where the food has been sitting out.

There were lots of vegetarian options which was great for me, and my boyfriend was happy with his choices too! My only thing is that I wanted to order more while my boyfriend was still eating, and it took a while to get someones attention.. so you are free to order as much as you wish, however if someones still eating, and you would like more, they are not always paying attention and you need to raise your hand and get their attention. which is alright I suppose, its not terrible, its just that I hate trying to get a waiters attention, I feel like I am "bothering" them and I wish they checked back more often.

Obviously you dont wanna be bothered too much during your meal but because its a "buffet" and you can keep ordering what u want, they should check back more often. Either way it wasnt a massive deal and didnt spoil anything.

Very hard to get a table so book in advance. They squeezed us in a 2 hour slot from 6-8pm, which was enough time but I would have liked to eat later and maybe take my time a bit more.

Also.. at the end, I left a £6 tip, cos the service was good and the food was hot, and we enjoyed our meal but there wasnt much of a thank you or goodbye, which I felt was a bit of amiss. I looked around to try and catch someones eye to say thank you and bye and we were sort of just ignored as we left.

Definitely will be back tho,great price, lovely food!!! Staff are lovely, just not very engaging.

Sunbury, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

There were 13 of us and the food was teriffic, plenty of it and as much as we wanted. Service excellent. we setled the bill and were very happy with the price.

Ipswich
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a meal there last night, the restaurant was so busy but they work well, the food was plentiful, piping hot, freshly cooked. We did the fixed price menu, you keep ordering and they keep bringing out. Nothing is too much trouble.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“Capital Pork Chunks”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Visit for the capital pork chunks alone. You will not be disappointed.

Always busy. Prices creeping up over time, but little to rival it in Ipswich.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Frank_The_Tank76
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“One of the best”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have eaten here twice in the last couple of months having not visited for a few years. The second time was with my son and his wife who live in Hong Kong and who can be critical about Chinese food in this country. They found no fault at all with Mr Wing! The service was fast and efficient and the food was freshly cooked and served piping hot. Their concept of a buffet served to your table is unique (as far as I am aware) and tremendous value for money. The portions are larger than perhaps you would expect so you have to be careful not to over order. If you are not used to eating Chinese then they are quite happy to provide a selection for you. My daughter in law requested something extra which was not on the menu and they were happy to oblige. Don't come here if you want a quiet, romantic meal for two. They cater for large parties a lot of the time and it can be very busy and quite noisy....but that all adds to the atmosphere. The only reason I have not given this restaurant an 'excellent' rating is that I felt the toilets (and the approach to them) needs a bit of TLC. Having said that this is Chinese food at its best.

• Visited July 2013