“American diner fayre”
Review of Frankie & Benny's - CLOSED

Frankie & Benny's
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Pretty good, bit pricey. I like the music and the decor. American diner fayre. Family friendly if you have a baby

There are newer reviews for Frankie & Benny's

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am a Frankie & Benny's fan but just recently this place has gone downhill.
The service is just sooooooo slow!!!!!!!

I've been twice in the past 2 weeks and just received the most horrific service.

The last time ...
We allowed just over an hour for dinner before the cinema and we didn't get any dinner!
From arriving at the restaurant to being seated (it wasn't busy) and asked if we wanted a drink it took 20 minutes!!
The drinks took another 15 minutes to come and we had to ask for them twice!!
Then by the time we nearly jumped on the waitress to take an order for our steaks we were then told that there was no steak & there hadn't been all day- I asked why we hadn't been told this when being seated and she did apologise but its still annoying.
We then choose something else and explained that we had been waiting so long and hadn't been served so we would like the food to come out quickly - as we had a film to get to - she said it wouldn't get to us on time... We could order 'chips' as they would be quick.
So we just left.
Dinner less & hungry.

The duty manager on at the time seemed to walk around doing just watching the staff instead of helping and getting things done - when we complained about the service instead of actually doing the things himself he just ordered someone else too which too even longer! There's delegating then just being a power ' I'm above serving' twit.

Also why the hell do they fill a teacup with Luke warm water and leave a tea bag at on the side to dip in? It doesn't make tea it makes nats wee and is undrinkable. Put the tea bag in the tea and boil the blooming kettle!!!!

Before this - I also had a horrific breakfast experience with yellow stuff in my milk (egg? mustard? custard? Who knows!) and then bits of dried ketchup on my cup!
I was told 'sorry the dishwasher sometimes does that' and that as an apology our meals didn't have to be paid for.

It used to be fab here- with a great atmosphere. I don't even here music anymore and never get a warm welcome- sort it out Frankie & Benny's - intervention from head office needed i believe!!!

I gave it 2 chances because I love the menu and the chain.

Please...... Sort it out x

2  Thank hogwarts85
Reviewed August 15, 2013

When you go into a place like this you know what's going to be on the menu, and unless you hit a really bad one, you pretty much know what you're going to get when it's on the table.

It was exactly that here. I had chicken wings, pizza, and an ice cream waffle to finish, all of which were very good, served in good time by someone with a smile.

It may be very generic, but they did a good job nevertheless.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited on the 16th July 2013, Waited ages for drinks, food arrived very bland and tasteless chicken could have been anything, was supposed to have pulled pork over the chicken with a barbecue sauce, What arrived was a tough dry chicken breast with a tea spoon of pork mashed in to a pile of barbecue sauce, The Cheese looked like it had come from a bottle.One very black cold flat tasteless mushroom, Two cold onion rings, A tea spoon of coleslaw served up in a thimble size ramekin (value style). A few chips. Plates cold. I will never go there again even if its free.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have had two family meals at F&B's in the past five months and spent well over £150. On the first occasion in February 2013 we returned our plates and asked for clean ones. We had run our serviettes across the plates and they got greasy and this was before the food arrived! One of the drinks went back due to a dirty glass. The food was ok, but only ok however was enjoyed by the Children one of which was celebrating a birthday.
We then move on to our lunchtime visit on Saturday 22nd June. We had forgotten about the grimy plates from our last visit, albeit we soon remembered. Well, we were seated at a table that had been wiped but not cleaned, the floor and seats were terribly messy which begs two questions...why do people leave their food all over the seats and floor when in restaurants when I doubt they would at home, but secondly, why wasn't it cleaned by the staff before seating us? We asked the lady to sweep the floor which she did and she apologised. We had ourselves wiped the seats!
The plates arrived for us to put our pizza on and surprise surprise, they were grimy AGAIN.
We told the lady and she apologised again and changed them for less grimy plates. We even changed our napkins because they too were grimy having wiped them across our plates.
We asked for bottled sparkling water for my wife and I, the kids had various fizzies and you wont be surprised to know, my glass was dirty and sticky on the outside! Well the lady changed it and apologised.
The food was ok when it arrived but not really of a standard commensurate with the price.
The service slow and only moved on due to fact we were sitting near the till so could easily catch the staffs' attention to get the next step dealt with and we asked for our bill when ordering dessert. The truth is, having sat down we felt keen to get out.
In summary, the service was unacceptably slow and despite the immediate visual appeal of the restaurant on entering, the cleanliness let it down terribly and that is down to the management and staff.
I'm not inclined to hurry back and can think of places where better food is served at better prices, on time and on clean plates.

1  Thank Bobidy