“Great service”

OR
Ranked #39 of 495 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant in Ipswich has a cosy atmosphere with lovely period features, including a spiral staircase separating the two floors. It is set in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the local cinema. This two-floor restaurant is the ideal setting for parties or private functions. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came with my partner and 1 year old just for lunch whilst we were doing some shopping and had a lovely time. The waitress was excellent and made such an effort with our little boy. The food was hot and fresh and the dessert was great (salted caramel sundae). I know this is a chain restaurant but the service does set it apart from most places even the independents. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 8, 2019

Visited with 3 friends for a quick dinner, I had the mozzarella tomato pasta, which had only ONE small piece of mozzarella on a small bowl of spagetti and 3 small baby plum tomatoes and the sauce (if you can even call it that) had no flavor. My friend had carbonara, but not like any she had seen before, thin orange coloured sauce, small portion. The calzone pizza and salad the others had looked nice though. Service was good. There was also a horrible smell of drains near our table which was most off putting. We had 2 for 1 vouchers so at least it was cheap! The place also looked like it needed a bit of a paint and freshen up - won't bother going here again.

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Second time and so disappointed. I order sea bass with green beans and potatoes.The fish was small and wasn’t fresh.

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I brought my Mum here and we were booked for 11.45am. The restaurant was very quiet at this time. The service was fantastic, the food promptly arrived and tasted amazing. We really enjoyed ourselves. I like the ambiance of Zizzi’s... we’ve been before and will return again!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Zizzis used to be our ‘go-to’ place for a lovely Italian meal at a reasonable price. However our last few visits have gotten worse and worse. Poor service, waiting far too long to be asked about drinks and then food. Our last visit, the starter i ordered wasn’t available as they had run out, so I ordered the next best choice only to be told 30 mins later that the chefs were struggling to cook this as it kept falling apart! So I proceeded without a starter which I was not pleased about. Last night my boyfriend and I had a calzone and pizza, both of which were dry and underseasoned. I’m afraid Zizzis is no longer on our list and we will not be returning!

Date of visit: March 2019