“Used to be one of our favtoirites- no longer!!!”
Review of Zizzi - Ipswich

Zizzi - Ipswich
Ranked #39 of 493 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant in Ipswich has a cosy atmosphere with lovely period features, including a spiral staircase separating the two floors. It is set in the heart of the city and within walking distance of the local cinema. This two-floor restaurant is the ideal setting for parties or private functions. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Zizzis used to be our ‘go-to’ place for a lovely Italian meal at a reasonable price. However our last few visits have gotten worse and worse. Poor service, waiting far too long to be asked about drinks and then food. Our last visit, the starter i ordered wasn’t available as they had run out, so I ordered the next best choice only to be told 30 mins later that the chefs were struggling to cook this as it kept falling apart! So I proceeded without a starter which I was not pleased about. Last night my boyfriend and I had a calzone and pizza, both of which were dry and underseasoned. I’m afraid Zizzis is no longer on our list and we will not be returning!

Reviewed March 10, 2019

Nice atmosphere and friendly staff made this a very enjoyable evening meal. Excellent welcome given by front of staff and the table service was good too (AGA, Thank you). Usual decent choice on the menu, including gluten free options.

Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

I was looking forward to having my usual rainbow salad only to be told they didn’t have the ingredients as it was coming off the menu. Suggested alternative was the super zucca salad. I ordered this with chicken. When it arrived the actual salad was ok ish, nothing to write home about, however there was an overwhelming smell of what I can only describe as nail polish remover. It took me a couple of mouthfuls to work out it was the chicken. My friend agreed it tasted and smelt absolutely awful. I ate less then half of this ‘meal’. When I told the waitress she suggested it may have been from the pepper they used?? She assured me it wasn’t nail polish remover (thanks). The bill come, I was charged full price for a meal I clearly couldn’t eat. I used to go regularly toZizzis but I will not be returning any more!!

Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

This was my first time visiting here and definitely won’t be returning. A group of 5 family decided to try it and were all sorely disappointed.
The place was quite busy, no problem at all but the service was ridiculously slow. The staff were friendly enough, but not particularly helpful. When mentioning about a bit of what looked like cling film in the carbonara, my mum was met with a shrug! The food wasn’t up to standard and it was expensive for what we got. None of us were particularly happy with the service charge added to the bill. In my opinion this place isn’t worth a visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

As regulars for a reliable meal we were very disappointed tonight with the standard and quality. Very underwhelming starter with poor quality tomatoes but the chicken on the main course had a strong taste of soap! When we explained this to the manager she was very apologetic but said several people had also complained! Take it off the menu! She did offer an alternative which was of course reasonable but it was generally a disappointing mid week treat.

Date of visit: February 2019