“Lovely food and service ”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #74 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

We had travelled up from Hertfordshire to go to a concert at the football stadium and wanted a meal beforehand. We decided on this restaurant as we enjoy the good quality food this chain offers.
It was quite a busy Friday evening so we waited a few minutes for a table. Once seated we decided quite quickly what we wanted and waited to be served. A quick look round and we noticed there were only two waitresses serving the whole restaurant, quite a feat. Our waitress arrived and apologised for our wait, confirming she was indeed covering half the diners there. We ordered pizzas. I had the leggera Padana, which when it arrived (very brisk service) was the nicest I have tasted in this chain, tasty base and even covering of toppings with the dressed salad in the middle. Our drinks were lovely and refreshing (Sicilian lemonade and Watermelon chill) and the whole experience very pleasant. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

Headed here for a date night on a Friday night. Thought it’d be much busier but restaurant mostly empty. We’d booked a table but was no need. Girlfriend is coeliac so has to have gluten free and a good range of gluten free food, dough balls gluten free and nearly full range of pizzas. Very good chain restaurant, would certainly visit again

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed February 22, 2019

Lovely central location for a pre-show meal or some shopping. Food great, with a friendly service. Recommended highly.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

Not the place just my feelings for it,service great, food good and wine good too.Prices changed a lot since last visit but they have everywhere.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

Last night I had a meal with my 3 children and grandson (2). The waitress was amazing, first class customer service. When my cake came out they decided to put the candles 45 and I was chuffed! I'm 54! Good call. Would definitely recommend and will visit again in the future.

Date of visit: December 2018