“Poor service”

Ranked #41 of 439 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Loch Fyne restaurants present a fine selection of fresh shellfish and oysters, along with seasonal fish and seafood specials. Each restaurant is rustic yet contemporary, with an elegant ambience. Grilled meat dishes are available at Loch Fyne, along with a popular kids menu. All of the fresh seafood is sustainably sourced.
Woodbridge, England, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Waited and waited and waited and waited for my tiny piece of fish. The smallest portion I have ever had went for lunch at around 12.00 before going to football. Arrived at Portman road at just before half time. Wild horses would not take me back there.

1 Thank John L

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Not great - overpriced”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We really fancied a good seafood restaurant so thought we would try here - looked impressive from the decor.

Firstly - impossible to find the onsite parking. Ended up parking elsewhere (nightmare) and walking there.

I had the "Fish your way" - with Salmon, hollandaise sauce and tenderstem broccoli. I had to send the hollandaise sauce back as it had split and tasted of raw egg - asked for another one just to be told they make it in batches and I would have to wait over 20 minutes for another one to be made! The broccoli was also raw. No offer of free drinks or any discount from the bill.

Also had the small seafood accompaniment only to be told that a seafood restaurant had no king prawns...then to be told 15 minutes later that they had "found them" - doesn't fill you with hope about the freshness of the food!!

Luckily we had a voucher to use here and were glad because otherwise we would have been very upset with the price they were expecting - overpriced for the food served. Also there were only about 5 parties in the whole restaurant and still took over 30 mins for the food to arrive.

Would not recommend.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JimBob2302
Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not that great”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The restaurant was not very busy at all however we waited a good half hour to receive our meal only to find it was cold...we sent it back and the waiter did not come back over to apologise or to tell us they were doing fresh veg. We finally got our hot meal however the fish was dry as it was reheated. We have been to the restaurant before and thoroughly enjoyed our meal so maybe the chef was having a bad day!! However good menu and nice feeling to the place.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Claire F
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“fabulous! yummy!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

A very pleasant dining experience! The decor is trendy and the atmosphere was nice. Staff very friendly and helpful with my allergy and the prices are great for the quality. I spend a lot of time in Ipswich on business and I was not disappointed with this restaurant. The menu caters for everyone I think and the mussels are to die for, really yummy! The only downside, which isn't their fault is the small parking area, but it's pretty near the town centre, so it's not too bad.

Visited September 2012
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The atmosphere and clientel extremely good as was the food of course. I just love those mussels done in that creamy sauce and the fish generally hust out of this world. Really good, well done to all!

Visited June 2012