“A great end to a mediocre evening”
Review of Kwan Thai

Kwan Thai
Ranked #14 of 496 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed April 28, 2019

Having accompanied my husband to a concert I was not keen on, to make up for that he did a quick google search on what was still open at 10.30 for orders and not too far from the concert hall.. I can offer you "Thai/" Sold. We arrived without a booking at 10.30 , no problem and taken straight to a table tucked away from other tables but not hidden from view, Menus delivered and soon after drinks orders taken, food was flying out as it was busy and buzzing. The decor is, let's say authentic vintage Thai and gives a great ambience, but when you see all the giant cacti in the window your heart does sink a bit . We ordered the sharing platter of mixed starter which was lovely and I enjoyed every mouthful, next iI ordered the green curry which was fine but a bit unadventurous . My husband however ordered the stuffed squid which was great and I enjoyed my taste of these. The waiting staff were efficient and smiling , making sure everything was ok, the house wine was most enjoyable and I appreciated the large glass of iced tap water. I was hoping for sorbet for afterwards but sadly there were no sorbets to be had, so just Lychees for him, a favourite, but I was not unhappy and went home feeling quite at one with the world . Thanks to the lovely staff who were still smiling after being on the go all evening. I will happily return .

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Restaurant was fully booked but we still received a very speedy service & the food was delicious. Special thanks to Danny who was very accommodating as always. 10/10

Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Can't fault the food here but the interior is quite horrid and the noise levels intolerable. What a shame! I had steamed fish, it was stunning. The satay starter was ace too.
Would I return? Maybe, if it was very quiet.

Reviewed April 19, 2019

Headed here for a mothers day dinner. Interior and decoration slightly dated but really that doesnt matter when the food is of the quality that it is. Table of four slightly too cramped with the banquet we picked but food is delicious. Weeping tiger especially good. Marginal complaint that service was a bit too quick between courses, would have liked some more time, but did not get too full. Very very good!

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Took my mother for her first ever Thai meal. Lovely food as always, friendly staff and great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend

Date of visit: March 2019