“Lovely food ,table and setting”

Mariners Restaurant of Ipswich
Ranked #15 of 461 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Within easy walking distance of the town centre, Ipswich's most original restaurant, Mariners, is an antique Dutch customs gunboat, moored along Neptune Quay. You can relax in its wonderful atmosphere and its polished brass ambience. From a quick snack for lunch on the upper deck to a romantic dinner on the lower deck, it is the perfect place for an evening on the sea front.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had lovely meal on Saturday. There were 4 of us and we had round table. Food was amazing and staff very attentive

1  Thank Amanda F

Reviewed April 1, 2013

With 20 family and friends my husband and I celebrated our Golden Wedding with a three course meal and drinks at the Mariners Restaurant. The meal itself was excellent with everyone remarking on this. The service was very good, efficient and unobtrusive with unexpected attention to detail. And the atmosphere was just great as we were upstairs at the rear of the boat with a bar and service just to ourselves.
I cannot praise Denis and his Staff highly enough.
Have no doubts on booking this venue either for meal for two or for a special occasion such as we had.
Many thanks from Bob and Alison

1  Thank Alison R
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I used to have an office on the quay at Ipswich and was a frequent visitor to Mariners, then called Il Punto. French cuisine, fronted by the inimitable Denis. Terrific views over the marina, great boat atmosphere, food well cooked and presented.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Visited Mariners this evening. I dine there three or four times a year, and as always the personal service was unrivalled. I had mentioned in passing it was my mother's birthday, and she was given a cake, and we each got a complimentary glass of dessert wine. The food was 10/10 as usual: wonderful starters, mains and desserts. The portion sizes are perfect - not the enormous platefuls you might get in a pub, but also not too small. The manager was happy to advise me on the best wine to go with the food we had ordered, and tonight that was a fine bottle of Morgon. For me, this is the best restaurant in Ipswich by 'a country mile'.

1  Thank DFW20N
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had a great meal here, fantastic service and good food in a picturesque setting. Plenty of choice from a good menu and not over priced. A place to go for that special occasion.

1  Thank Nige2715