“Disappointing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2019

I visited at lunchtime and unfortunately the visit started off badly for me - I was in a group and we elected to sit outside and I sat on a wet chair - not a hanging offence but not good either - the food was okay however the reviews I read did not live up to what I expected and when the bill came we were shocked at the price as the food did not deserve such a high price tag - overall we were disappointed and I probably will not be returning

Date of visit: May 2019
4  Thank may w

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Had lunch here on Saturday - there were 4 in our party. Everyone had a different meal and each one was fresh, tasty and well cooked. Service was great and we weren't rushed. Great place for lunch and it seems the new management are doing a good job. I hope to return for dinner very soon and become a regular diner.

Reviewed June 9, 2019

Had a brilliant meal there last night. Service and food could not have been better. My party were so well taken care of, no request was too much for the team. Food was delicious, great portions of excellent quality dishes, beautifully presented. Will not hesitate to go back as soon as possible. Was amazed at what good value it was too. The new management seem to have breathed life into this place. See you again very soon, I have a birthday coming up and I know where I shall be dining that night.

Reviewed June 8, 2019

It'd been a year or two since our last visit & we found the restaurant had changed hands only a week ago. I was interested to read a previous reviewer's comments who like us was eating prior to the Rod Stewart concert at Portman Road. Although they didn't seem too impressed, our experience was quite different. We found the staff very friendly & attentive but without being too intrusive. Foodwise one of us had a burger, while the other two opted for lamb & I have to say the food turned out to be very good. Mains were followed by creme brulee for one & brownies & ice cream for the other two - all very nice. Washed down with a decent bottle of red & a couple of G&Ts I thought the bill of £95 very reasonable. All in all a good experience - we'll be back.

1  Thank Malcolm M
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

We took a trip to @twenty5 for dinner Friday evening before seeing Rod Stewart in concert. Previous visits have been exceptional but a new management team took over the start of June 2019.

When we arrived they couldn’t find our reservation, but then realised the table set for 5 must be ours...

No menus were given to us, we had to ask for these, took 15 mins to take drink orders. The restaurant was busy but they had enough staff to manage (with ease!).

Although the staff were polite they all seemed very inexperienced.... the front of house wore flip flops and the waiter wore shorts and trainers (?!), there were random delays and nothing really went smoothly!

Food took 1 hour to arrive, it’s a long time to wait, but we weren’t in a rush. The food was disappointing. I ordered smoked haddock fishcakes but there wasn’t a flake of smoked fish, just plain white fish, so they were pretty plain. Chips were dripping in oil (I mean properly dripping). A member of my party ordered stroganoff and was also disappointed. The chicken was dry and there was hardly any sauce. The pork belly needed some gravy but was served with apple sauce (not in a dollop but drizzled all over it!). No one asked us if the food was ok, offered us more drinks or checked up on us the whole time.

Pudding took another 25 mins to arrive... this was lovely though.

Overall very disappointed and won’t return.