“Lovely Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

A simple but tasty lunch with a friend sitting in the warm sunshine in their back garden. Nice wine list, good selection of 'light bites', competitively priced. Really friendly staff too. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our party of 13 dined at @Twenty5 on Tuesday evening.

I'd like to comment firstly on how attentive to our needs the restaurant was during the booking and ordering process. Understandably for a booking of our size (it was originally for 16) they asked for us to order in advance, but they allowed us to order from the normal full menu. They were excellent in providing alternatives to our particularly fussy needs and it was appreciated.

On the evening itself we started outside with a drink in the lovely garden area before moving upstairs to our table once everybody had arrived. Our table was a little unorthodox in its layout, but that was understandable considering the size of our party.

The food was excellent (I had pâté followed by pork and then the chocolate and orange torte) and easily as good as is available in Ipswich. I think our party ordered almost everything from the menu and plenty of jealous eyes were cast as it was delivered to the diners.

As good as the food is though, the real star on show here is the service. Attentive without being overbearing, @Twenty5 sets the tone perfectly. Our host for the evening (the owner, I believe) was fantastic, and truly passionate about his restaurant; it's difficult not to get swept in by his enthusiasm.

All in all, @Twenty5 really deserves to be a success and if it keeps up this standards it will be impossible for it not to be.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stumbled across this place and was delighted to see that the opening times were not the usual restrictive times for Suffolk! My Mrs and I ate here and we both commented on how the palce had a real family feel to the place – I hope that they do not lose this the older the restaurant gets. Food is tasty and fairly priced. I enjoyed my visit!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The whole experience was friendly, warm, with nothing too much trouble. The food was excellent, fresh and extremely tasty. The chef makes the time to come out and find out if you have enjoyed the meal. My third time here, it's only been open a short while. Recommend ed for both lunchtime and.evening dinning.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I arrived at this restaurant frazzled on a hot day having been turfed off my train due to yet another signal failure.
Any where would do to rest while my pick up came.
The options on St Nicholas Street are many and I was tempted by Thai and Chinese but thought I would check out them all. I am glad I did because I found this gem of a restaurant. I sat outside. I had salt and pepper squid in a beautifully lite batter, the aoeli looked a bit tired but otherwise lovely. This was followed by the best cod and chips I have ever tasted, the batter was soooo tasty. The mushy pees looked like no mushy peas I have ever had but delicious.
It was nice to have the opportunity to thank the chef on the way out.
The sound of seagulls reminded just how close to water this backyard is. Also a lovely Tudor building.
The only criticism was having paper serviettes. I want to protect my suit and what they gave would not have protected anything.