My room was clean and comfortable and so were the public areas of the hotel that I saw. The windows don't appear to be double-glazed, although noise wasn't an problem for my room. Although it wasn't an issue in mid-September, the room didn't appear to have any air conditioning (although there was a fan) so that might be a problem in the middle of summer. I ate in the restaurant for one night of my stay and the service was fast and friendly. The reception staff were also friendly and welcoming.
As far as value-for-money is concerned, I find Holiday Inn a mixed bag. The rate for the bed and breakfast isn't too bad - it's just the extras. The bar and the food is pricey - as is the £4 'tray charge' for using room service. In addition, £15 for 24 hours internet use? I'm sorry, but in 2010 I expect internet access just as I would expect plumbing and electricity in the room! All the more galling is that I've stayed in much cheaper 2-star places that provide it for free.
I would recommend Holiday Inn Orwell, but beware the extras if you're not claiming on company expenses or you want anything more than bed and breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel is ideally located at Junction 57 on the A14, only 10 minutes from Ipswich Town Centre, 15 minutes from the Suffolk Coast and 5 minutes from Trinity Park the home of the Suffolk Show.The Hotel boasts extensive free car parking and a selection of Queen Double and King Double/Twin Bedrooms some with sofa beds for families. A further 6 Executive Rooms are the ideal business choice with mini bars and laptops safes, in addition 2 open plan Suites add the final touch of luxury for those special occasions.The Hotel offers a range of dining experiences, The Priory Restaurant, Bar and Lounge offer informal modern dining with a large choice of food and drink options complimented with daily specials to suit the needs of both the Corporate and Leisure Guest. The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel has a range of conference and banqueting rooms, with Wi-Fi access available in these and also the public areas, whilst wired access is available in all bedrooms.The Hotel offers an onsite Gym and within walking distance, a state of the art Full Leisure Complex is available to guests at a small nominal charge.The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel, close enough to access the business districts and Adastral Park, whilst still being the ideal base to enjoy the rest of East Anglia and all that it can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Suffolk