“Will not use for Business Needs!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell

Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Will not use for Business Needs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

As a Trainer for a 'Blue Chip' 'Global Company it was the first time we used this hotel for a 3 day Corporate Event. I have used various hotels in the UK for our events and generally Holiday Inns are very good for Business needs.

I always make sure that the staff at the hotel where I am training at are aware that the conference room is to remain secure at all times when not occupied and under no circumstances is the room to be left unlocked because of equipment and document confidentiality. When I arrived on the 3rd day, not only was the room left unsecure but the door was wedged wide open for anyone to help themselves!

10 delegates had been booked. However, due to unforeseen circumstances only 3 arrived. I immediately notified the staff to reduce the numbers for refreshments and lunch and requested the final bill would be amended accordingly. This was confirmed by the young lad who was on duty that day.

Over the 3 days I had to constantly chase reception for refreshments that hadn't arrived. Lunch arrived 40 mins early. The young lad suggested that as there was only 4 of us that perhaps we would like to join another company for lunch to save the chef from making 2 working lunches!!.

The Conference room was dirty and shabby - not a good image for our Company and not one that we would like to promote. The layout of the room each morning was poor compared to other Holiday Inns

On checking the bill it wasn't amended as promise. The 2 receptionists on duty discussed the matter and agreed to write on both copies that the bill needed to be amended.

Our Admin team have told me that the Manager has absolutely REFUSED to reduce to the bill.

We certainly will not be using this Hotel again and it is a shame that the Manager has lost a valuable client for repeat business.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank faith o
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Faith,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review our hotel.
I am disappointed to read your comments as I looked after your conference personally on one of your days and you were very complimentary about lunch and the food served at break times as were your delegates. I would have appreciated the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you when you were in the hotel as I was around throughout your conference.
I have discussed the points you raised thoroughly and I will send you a private message to research further some of the issues you mentioned.

Thank you again for reviewing our Hotel.

Yours sincerely

Jason Stringer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night ahead of delivering a corporate event.

The hotel itself is quite tired looking in some places, and this is especially true of the bedroom I was allocated. Room 11. Corrosion on the bathroom sink taps, a wardrobe with a door handle missing and towels that had seen much better days.

The quality of service from staff was excellent throughout. Special mention to receptionist Naomi, Events Manager Scott and Laura who works in the bar/restaurant who individually absolutely first class, genuinely welcoming and helpful and brought a personal touch to hospitality. The quality of service would be a five star if measured on its own.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear 2912Uk ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We recently had our wedding at the Holiday Inn Ipswich 5th April 2014.

What can I say, the day went off really well, with no hiccups at all.

Tracy & Pauline were very helpful with the details of the wedding and helped with the planning of the day.

Scott on the day kept you well informed of everything.

The food was great, as was the evening buffet.

A good time was had by all.

If you want a stress free wedding then Holiday Inn is the place to have it.

Thank you all for making our day so special, and a big thanks to Scott for all your help.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire B
Claire,

Thank you so much for your most flattering review. I am delighted that your day was such a sucess and I have obviously made sure that all of the team have read your comments.

We strive to ensure that every event we do is well planned and as you put it stress free and the team really enjoy being part of every wedding couples special day. It seems to have been the case on the occasion also.

Tracey, Pauline and Scott were thrilled to see their names in lights and would like to thank you for your kind words.

Thank you again for your kind words and we all wish you every sucess in your married life together.

Kind regards

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of holiday inn's for business (usually 1 a week) and this one is sadly not one of the best. The staff were very helpfull with local knowledge. The room I had on the ground floor was however a little run down and not as quiet as I would have hoped for as this hotel is in the middle of an industrial estate near a main road so there is also some traffic noise.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear KeyCuk,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel.
I am pleased that you found our team to be helpful and had good local knowledge.

I am obviously disappointed to hear that you were disturbed by road noise. We have a lot of quiet rooms at the back of the Hotel which I am sure would be better suited to you.
If you wished to book one for your next stay please contact me directly on gm.hiipswich@kewgreen.co.uk and I will ensure everything is to your satisfaction.

Thank you again for your review.

Yours sincerely

Swansea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Friendly helpful staff on reception good local knowledge Bar staff friendly and helpful especially our first night when they were exceptionally busy Connor and Laura were fabulous. We ate in the bar both nights food was nice and freshly prepared. Breakfast was a good selection of continental cereals and cooked. We had three adults in our room and it was plenty big enough

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you so much for your most flattering review.
Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially pleased you enjoyed the food and I have passed your comments onto Chef and his team.
I am glad you found Connor and Laura to be friendly, I will ensure they are recognised for their efforts.

Thank you for your great review and we hope to see you again really soon.

kind regards

Surrey UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel is dated, scruffy and in need of some care and attention.

The room was fairly standard decor, again a bit scruffy and battered, intended for one person, with one bedside table and light, and lighting overall was rather dim. There are basic tea and coffee facilities.

The shower was in need of repair and was awful, and also incredibly loud, you would have woken half the hotel had you tried to use it during normal sleeping hours. Toiletries were the attached to the wall variety filled with something cheap and slight off putting in smell.

There is free wifi, not the speediest ever but not too bad.

Breakfast was very good, the hotel was very quiet so they were doing breakfast cooked to order rather than buffet and as a result it was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast, cooking breakfast to order is something we are now doing as a standard as we feel it gives a better fresher plate of food for our customers and we are pleased you have recognised this.

In terms of your comments regarding the bedrooms we are currently painting in a number of bedrooms to give them a more fresh up to date feel. In terms of the shower this has now been fixed by our maintenance team.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I spent our wedding night here and she spent the night before with our two daughters (18 and 1) and her Mum & Dad. The staff could not have been more helpful the first night with all the little extras normally provided by Holiday Inn. Special thanks goes to Michelle and Gretti on reception for all their help, kind words and relaxed attitude. They both helped to make my wife feel very special and gave us a wonderful greeting when we got there on the wedding night. The room was clean and comfortable and only the clock on the TV caused me any trouble (remedied in the darkness with a room service menu!) Breakfast on the first morning was wonderful and sorry about the mess our one year old made! the second morning was wonderful too. Breakfast was delicious and the staff, particularly Wendy and Rex were funny and relaxed and made our breakfast all the more lively. I also just wanted to mention housekeeping for their happy smiles and all their help and sorry again for all the confetti on the bathroom floor! Thank you everyone for adding to our wonderful day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Firstly may I congratulate you on your recent wedding and wish you the very best in your married life together.

I am blown away by your kind comments and am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and will ensure that all the team you mentioned, Michelle, Greti, Wendy and Rex receive the kudos they deserve for such high praise.

I have obviously have shared your comments with them and they would like to thank you and also wish you every sucess in your future.

It was a pleasure for us to look after you at such a special time and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,