As a Trainer for a 'Blue Chip' 'Global Company it was the first time we used this hotel for a 3 day Corporate Event. I have used various hotels in the UK for our events and generally Holiday Inns are very good for Business needs.
I always make sure that the staff at the hotel where I am training at are aware that the conference room is to remain secure at all times when not occupied and under no circumstances is the room to be left unlocked because of equipment and document confidentiality. When I arrived on the 3rd day, not only was the room left unsecure but the door was wedged wide open for anyone to help themselves!
10 delegates had been booked. However, due to unforeseen circumstances only 3 arrived. I immediately notified the staff to reduce the numbers for refreshments and lunch and requested the final bill would be amended accordingly. This was confirmed by the young lad who was on duty that day.
Over the 3 days I had to constantly chase reception for refreshments that hadn't arrived. Lunch arrived 40 mins early. The young lad suggested that as there was only 4 of us that perhaps we would like to join another company for lunch to save the chef from making 2 working lunches!!.
The Conference room was dirty and shabby - not a good image for our Company and not one that we would like to promote. The layout of the room each morning was poor compared to other Holiday Inns
On checking the bill it wasn't amended as promise. The 2 receptionists on duty discussed the matter and agreed to write on both copies that the bill needed to be amended.
Our Admin team have told me that the Manager has absolutely REFUSED to reduce to the bill.
We certainly will not be using this Hotel again and it is a shame that the Manager has lost a valuable client for repeat business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel is ideally located at Junction 57 on the A14, only 10 minutes from Ipswich Town Centre, 15 minutes from the Suffolk Coast and 5 minutes from Trinity Park the home of the Suffolk Show.The Hotel boasts extensive free car parking and a selection of Queen Double and King Double/Twin Bedrooms some with sofa beds for families. A further 6 Executive Rooms are the ideal business choice with mini bars and laptops safes, in addition 2 open plan Suites add the final touch of luxury for those special occasions.The Hotel offers a range of dining experiences, The Priory Restaurant, Bar and Lounge offer informal modern dining with a large choice of food and drink options complimented with daily specials to suit the needs of both the Corporate and Leisure Guest. The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel has a range of conference and banqueting rooms, with Wi-Fi access available in these and also the public areas, whilst wired access is available in all bedrooms.The Hotel offers an onsite Gym and within walking distance, a state of the art Full Leisure Complex is available to guests at a small nominal charge.The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel, close enough to access the business districts and Adastral Park, whilst still being the ideal base to enjoy the rest of East Anglia and all that it can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Suffolk