“mr” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“mr”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

first impressions when entering this hotel is very good.
bedroom very comfortable even on ground floor where we were noise very low.
book in advance get good deals;
good excellent as well.
food vdery good value for what you pay.

Room Tip: ground floor rooms very good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Freddie,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, we try really hard to run a great hotel that our guests love and it is really nice to hear from our customers when we get it right.

I have shared your kind comments with the team and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Jason Stringer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed For one night as we were attending a Ball in the area. Reception was good and check in easy. twin beds in the room were past their best and were uncomfortable. The bathroom was filthy and had not been cleaned properly, the toilet bowl was cracked and there were splashes of vomit on the toilet, walls, floor and toilet roll, (see pics). Odd and cracked tiles on walls. All in all not a comfortable stay. NO free WIFI.? Finally we booked a taxi to pick us up at the end of the evening by the hotel recommended taxi firm hawk express. We were left stranded at 1am in the middle of nowhere, imagine if it had been a woman on her own. If the hotel is going to recommend a company they should ensure that they are reliable and offer a good service.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
I have investigated the comments you have made in terms of room cleanliness and have taken steps with our head housekeeper to ensure these standards are not repeated.
In terms of the taxi firm I have passed your comments on to the company and they wish to be associated with my apologies. I am sorry that they let you down but would like to re-assure you that we use a reputable local company that serves most of the larger hotels in the are.

I would be grateful if you could contact me so that I can try to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn, Ipswich Orwell and our ability to deliver the high standards you have come to expect from Holiday Inn Hotels.

Jason Stringer

Travelers are raving about these Ipswich hotels

Hamilton, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Flying visit as was doing some work nearby. Handy for the Ransomes business park area.

ROOM : Usual annoying HI TV menu/interface. A bit dated decor. Decent nights kip though, quiet.
SERVICE : Excellent. Friendly check-in girl. Huge thanks to front desk for contacting me just after I checked out to alert me I left my laptop in room.
FOOD : Sadly didn't have time for dinner or breakfast. Had a pint after my shift in bar which seems to stay open late.

Decent place to stay for work, costs £10 in a taxi from station.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us.
I am pleased you found our reception team to be friendly and am especially pleased we were able to re-unite you with your lap top.
We are currently carrying out an internal refurbishment programme to freshen up our bedrooms and I hope that the next time you stay with us you will be able to experience one of these rooms.

Thanks again for your most kind review.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The orwell is idealy situated on the outskirts of ipswich and is easy to reach
My wife and i with some friend went there for our new years eve party and apart from the dinning area being cold because the staff couldnt turn the BLOODY air conditioning off the disco was excelent and on the stroke of midnight they had a piper in full regalia which was a nice touch and the disco took photographs and displaye them and if you liked them you could buy then at a good price but as with every hotel they RIP you off over the price of your drinks with two different bars and three different prices
the hotel was clean and tidy and the beds were comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was included in the price over all we had an enjoyable evening and may do it again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review regarding your stay with us over the new year.
I am delighted you enjoyed the evening, we had excellent feedback from many guests over the evening and have already booked the same piper for this year!
I have investigated the issues with the heating in the room and these have now been resolved.
I am sorry for the issues with the bar prices and have put in place steps to ensure that the same mistakes will not be made in future.

Hope to see you again at this years event or at one of our calendar of event theme nights.

Kind regards

Hull, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This is one brilliant hotel. Not only location, the service and staff are truly very helpful.

We stayed one night for the New Years Eve party, which is brilliant. As if the service, food and disco was not enough on the stroke of midnight Scottish piper came into the room playing the bagpipes. WOW!!!!!

Breakfast was brilliant, food was delicious

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for writing such a glowing review. It has really made our day here at the hotel to receive such high praise. I have, of course shared your comments with our team and all are delighted you enjoyed your new years with us.

We hope to see you again soon and don't forget to book early for next years new years eve party.

Kind regards,

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a standard holiday inn. It is quiet and miles from anywhere central to ipswich. Suited me as I had a meeting nearby. As the title says, the best thing is the free use of David Lloyd across the road. The bar is very poor, rarely manned and slow to serve. I didn't eat dinner, jut breakfast which was ok.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
I am pleased that you enjoyed using the David Lloyd leisure centre. We feel it is an excellent facility that we are pleased to offer to all of our guests.
You mention you were disappointed with the bar service and breakfast and I would like to offer my apologies for not meeting your expectations in these areas.
Since your visit we have made a number of changes to the breakfast menu and buffet display and we have employed a new Restaurant and Bar Manager to address some of the issues you encountered.

I hope that you will give us another chance where I am sure you will see the improvements we have made.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope to see you back in the near future.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I held a function at this hotel, so my review is based on the staff & service rather than the accommodation. My visit was today the 10th December, and I specifically wanted to comment on the bar staff. In particular a new recruit called Alicia, who was in her first 3 months employment. Her service and manner were delightful, and she took my "off piste" menu request without fuss or question. She offered to look after my drink whilst I was in & out of a conference room, and came to find me (without request) to let me know my meal was ready. Little things, but just what the customer wanted. Ironically the event I was at was an employment event where we were looking to hire staff. Personally I would have hired her in an instant, so well done Holiday Inn for doing so your self

Room Tip: I didn't stay
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank perfectflowneil
Wow, high praise indeed and thank you.
Your comments have really made our day.
Really pleased that your function went well and that Alicia looked after you well, (but hands off!!). I have shared your comments with her and she would like to say hi and thank you for your kind comments.

Hope to see you back soon.

Regards