Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell
$64
Hotels.com
$56
  • Pool
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$91
Travelocity
$168
$163
TripAdvisor
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelodge
$75
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$74
$69
PremierInn.com
All reviewsdavid lloydmini gymbit datedfunction roomthe ground floortea coffeeplenty of parkingstayed here for one nightreception staffcomfortable roomself serviceorwellrexweddingdiscomidnightchannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Room and service was great. Special mention goes to Alison and Rihanna for outstanding guest service and hospitality, nothing seem to be trouble for them, thumbs up. Room was clean and comfortable. The only let down was broken air conditioning unit in the meeting room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We are thrilled that you had a great stay and that is certainly what we strive to deliver for our guests. We are particulary pleased that you singled out Alison and Rhianna and we will ensure they get to hear about your kind comments.
Please be assured that the air conditioning in all our meeting rooms is now in good working order.

Thank you again for your kind words and we would love to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The reception staff were dealing with an in house crisis on my arrival (injured colleague) but still tended to my needs as a customer and were very helpful.
The room was clean, warm and all facilities within worked well.
The menu had many options and as a customer with a dietary requirements was most pleased to find staff that knew their menu - such a key factor for a good waitress, know your product. The food itself was of great quality and the chefs were very accommodating to my dietary needs.

Although the decor is worn and a bit tired this would not put me off visiting again as all other positive factors outweigh this.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Victoria,
Thank you for your kind review. Delighted to hear you enjoyed you dining experience with us and am pleased you found our chef's to be accommadating and our team to be knowledgeable. It really means a lot to us to know that what we work hard to do is recognised, so thank you.

Please don't leave it too long before your next visit.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Sorry but to be welcomed by dropped Cigarette butts as you enter a venue is awful. I understand people have to smoke outside but please clean up, provide a bin to be used. It is my lasting memory of the visit to this venue.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am sorry that we got it wrong on this occasion and I promise we will try harder to get things right in future. We are all very aware of how important it is to create a sense of arrival for our guests and our housekeeping team are committed to getting it right and I hope that your poor experience on this occasion will not put you off from returning to us in future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night as a stop-over in Ipswich - Booked in just after 3pm and signed out by 11 the next day - didnt use any of the dining facilities so can only comment on the room. It was clean, a good size and well equipped. The radiator however was cold and turning the thermostat had no effect so I rang reception eventually and they told me that they expected the heat would kick-in very shortly. It never did - but it was a mild enough night so I didn't pursue it any farther.

Stayed in a Travelodge the next night for almost a third of the price and although I could see where some savings where made, it also was a clean room except I had to turn the heat down in it!

Staff that we met were very pleasant so no complaints there. Pleasant enough stay overall but wouldnt go back I dont think.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
jason s, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased you liked your room and found it clean and good sized. I fully accept that we had an issue with the heating on the night of your stay. I would like to apologise for this. Our engineers worked hard to fix the problem there and then, although it was not fixed until the next morning when we replaced the pumps on our heating system. I am pleased to inform you that they are up and running and everything is as it should be.

I hope that this will not deter from staying with us again in future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We needed a convenient bed for the night following a silver wedding party. This was perfect. A pleasant and friendly welcome from reception and the room was clean and comfortable. We slept well with no disturbances from fellow guests. Not an exciting report, but then when things are right, that's all that needs to be said.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review.
We were all really pleased to read your comments as they were exactly as we would want our guests to feel after staying with us.

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,