Stayed here 20 Sept for 3 nights on a coach holiday(14 of us including the driver!) The hotel was clean & rooms pleasant. Staff were excellent & were very attentive & friendly.The first night there was a very noisy wedding with guest walking through corridors very nosily until 3.30am.The second night there was another wedding, this time very quiet & we never heard any disturbance form them.The third night no weddings!
The breakfasts were nice with buffet style & fresh cooked eggs to order. Some nice fresh fruit too.Our evening meals had to be booked at breakfast ( which was fine) but as it was a coachholiday the food was different from the other guests & there lies our problem...whilst the other guests food (not on a coach) looked lovely & presented very nicely & looked good enough to eat. ( ours on the coach) was dire! The portions were of good size & hot but lacked any taste or flavour. If you had been blindfolded it would have been difficult to know wether you were eating fish or cauliflower, very bland with no seasoning, watery veg (green beans, sliced carrots & cauliflower)
The desserts were awful, iceceam that looked as though it might glow in the dark..hugh blobs of the stuff, the custard ..well undiscribeable, the fresh fruit salad was very good.
I know it was a coach party ( & some people have to go on these type of holidays) but surely we deserve better than this type of food? I have know it where coach parties are put into seperate rooms from other dinners...this didnt happen here, but that food was awful!!
I know that coach companys want a good price, but If you want to serve better food then think about putting your prices up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel is ideally located at Junction 57 on the A14, only 10 minutes from Ipswich Town Centre, 15 minutes from the Suffolk Coast and 5 minutes from Trinity Park the home of the Suffolk Show.The Hotel boasts extensive free car parking and a selection of Queen Double and King Double/Twin Bedrooms some with sofa beds for families. A further 6 Executive Rooms are the ideal business choice with mini bars and laptops safes, in addition 2 open plan Suites add the final touch of luxury for those special occasions.The Hotel offers a range of dining experiences, The Priory Restaurant, Bar and Lounge offer informal modern dining with a large choice of food and drink options complimented with daily specials to suit the needs of both the Corporate and Leisure Guest. The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel has a range of conference and banqueting rooms, with Wi-Fi access available in these and also the public areas, whilst wired access is available in all bedrooms.The Hotel offers an onsite Gym and within walking distance, a state of the art Full Leisure Complex is available to guests at a small nominal charge.The Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel, close enough to access the business districts and Adastral Park, whilst still being the ideal base to enjoy the rest of East Anglia and all that it can offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Hotel Ipswich
- Ipswich Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell Suffolk