“Wedding held here Saturday 15th September 2012”

Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wedding held here Saturday 15th September 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

My daughter and Son-in-law got married here, and I just can't thank the staff enough for all their help and support - nothing was too much trouble. The reception staff were all extremely friendly, and the room we stayed in was clean, and comfortable.

The Wedding Breakfast was superb, and most probably the best food I have tasted for a long time, and the waiting staff went out of their way to make sure everyone had what they wanted.

I would like to thank Scott, who also made sure the day went well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sallyling1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

check in was fast and nice. the woman at the desk was very friendly and i got the suite room soo big !!! bed was just amazing to sleep in and i didn't wanna go home Haha my partner had a hard time finding it but the woman at the desk was sooo nice and help him on phone thankyou only bad thing is i only stay one night but i did have room service so i ordered food and it was nice i love the dessert .. bath room was bright and nice everything just great i booked self in again unfortunately all suites gone on my date but i can keep an eye out change it :) i be staying weekend on 21st !! :D

Room Tip: suite is huge
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KayleighBatty
Quinton O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We believe that the right team can create a memorable stay and I was very pleased to read that you found all of our team to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to seeing you again soon
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

When we arrived I asked if I could have a disabled room for my wife and the duty manager informed me they did not have one, I also asked for a room with a shower only and was told they only have rooms with baths. How can a disabled person stay here when their hygiene needs cannot be met.Therefore I would recommend that people with disabilities do not stay here. We had 4 evening meals and the veg was the same at every meal surely the Chef could put on a choice of vegetables or can he only cook the same ones. Not what a Holiday Inn should be

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Quinton O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Good Morning Sir, firstly I would like to confirm that we have 2 accessible rooms that need to be booked in advance of arrival. At the time of your stay, we had 1 already occupied and the other was booked well in advance, so unfortunately we could not offer this facility without advance notice. I will relay your comments regarding vegetables to the chef and am sure he will act on these. I hope that all the positive comments we received during this particular tour are passed on to the operator. Kind Regards
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inns quite a lot for work and this one DOES NOT live up to the Holiday Inn standard that I am used to. Room was dark, dated and very very basic, double bed was the smallest double I had ever seen, luckly I was on my own as I struggle to see how it would be a comfortable nights sleep for two! On a possitive note staff were very helpful and friendly, I phoned reception as soon as I checked it to see if an upgrade was available but unfortunatley not. Just hasn't lived up to my expectations of Holiday Inns at all. Not looking forward to my two night stay as much as I normally would and may have a different view of holiday innns in the future!

1 Thank Traveler99Leeds
Good Morning sir, and thank you for your very positive feedback on our staff, a particular reward for all the training we do. Our rooms are scheduled for a hard refurbishment program in 2013. Until then our maintenance and Housekeeping team ensure that we maintain our excellent IHG audit results of 86% condition and service. Kind Regards
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel sucks, it's very expensive, they charged 125 Pound per night for me, breakfast is horrible, internet speed is hardly 50kbps and 12.95 Pound for 24 hours, and worst part is they don't have AC in any of the room, I had no choice as there was no hotel around my office, ended up staying 6 nights...it was most miserable experience I ever had...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Quinton O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich-Orwell, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Good Afternoon Mr Sandip. Firstly let me apologise for any inconvenience caused by the heat unusually hot weather we are experiencing. On our website it clearly states that we do not have air-conditioning but due to hotel location this has never been so noticeable. I am disappointed to hear that you find our 74 choice breakfast option not to your liking as most of our guest rate this as our best selling point. With the weather getting milder I trust that you will enjoy the rest of your stay with us. Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these Ipswich hotels

east sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed over on business for just one night, but, staff were most helpful, cheerful & polite. The room was very large & comfortable and had solid furniture, not the purpose built utility type that these rooms usually have. Food in the restaurant was superb too. Only critcism is that we only ever have cereal and toast for breakfast, but were told we would still have to pay full English price even if we did only have this. We went to nearby Sainsbury's ( open from 7am ) for brekkie instead. But otherwise it was very good. Will definately stay here again next time we are in the area.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here one night for our friends wedding, which was magical.
The staff we're helpful, with the exception of the staff serving us for the wedding meal, as we we're making light hearted conversation and received abrupt and rude grunts and responses.
Being on the ground floor you have to keep the curtains shut as we we're on the end of the building facing the car park / main road, but i don't recall any road noise.
The bath is straight, and the curtain is curved which is a little odd, and not a good idea if you we're to have a late night shower and not get the curtain in right!!
Food was nice, but breakfast was a little limited - 2 choices of bacon (smoked and non) and two ways with eggs, but that's the extent of the "choice" as such.. there aren't many different foods.
I'm having a bit of a moan as there isn't anything overly positive to say - just a normal stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple