“Cranmoor House was Amazing!”
Review of Cranmoor House

Cranmoor House
Ranked #16 of 35 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Essex
“Cranmoor House was Amazing!”
Reviewed February 9, 2007

I didn't want to go to Ipswich but I had to! Business colleagues of mine had stayed at Cranmoor House recently and recommended it. They said it would be different and it was. There are only two rooms, both doubles, Grange and Mouton Rothchild. I was instantly put at ease by the welcome of my hosts, Steve and Jan Errington, and I knew before I got to my room that I was going to enjoy my stay. The house is stuffed with books and collectibles, and I could have taken 3 hours getting up the stairs, so fascinated was I! I stayed in the Rothchild room and there was plenty of space, and an amazing shower. You hit the button once and it flashed blue until the temperature was perfect when it remained illuminated. Took the risk out of the usual showering experience in strange bathrooms! Old fashioned comfort and supermodern facilities! There was a Tassimo drinks machine in the cupboard and a cd player, a dvd player, a vhs player and a television with freeview. I was able to borrow books, cds, dvds and vhs tapes from a VAST library in the next room, although I didn't have time on this occasion. They had wi-fi internet so I was able to get down to work and prepare for my meetings straight away. Having arrived at 5pm , I didn't feel like going out to find something to eat and was very grateful that Steve, who trained at The Dorchester and subsequently ran his own hotel and restuarant in Suffolk with his wife Jan for many years, was on hand to serve me an excellent meal in the beautful dining room. I wish I had had someone with me to share the experience, but Jan and Steve didn't allow me to feel solitary , having quickly gauged that I was not a natural hermit! The conversation was of food, travel and wine,the latter a subject close to my heart and I found an expert in Jan. I met the other guest at breakfast and while I was tucking into fresh fruit and yoghurt, I was sorely tempted by the look and smell of real bacon and sausages being consumed by the other guest! After dinner the night before, though, I felt I should restrain myself! When I left in the morning, I felt like I was leaving my own home and old friends. As a woman or a man, travelling alone on business or tourism to Ipswich, I would highly recommend staying in this lovely home. Or bring your partner, it would make a lovely romantic retreat too. As you can see, I cannot praise it highly enough. Not one jarring note the entire trip.

Stayed February 2007
5 Thank scrumdiddlyumptious

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)