“A VERY WELL NEEDED REST”

Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“A VERY WELL NEEDED REST”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Ipswich Premier was lovely. Good friendly helpful staff lovely clean beds and rooms. We would certainly recommend it. We could not fault our stay at all. We also made the staff aware of how pleased we were.

Room Tip: All rooms were fine. None were bad for noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cornwall
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Arrived early evening, location was nice, close to a marina and reasonably quiet
The young lady on reception, Katie was excellent, friendly knowledgable and helpful. The rooms were fine, still no aircon but there we go - my room had no fan which is unusal but my hero on reception kindly donated hers!
The restaurant was busy but coping again the staff were helpful and welcoming, Warren was our waiter and really nice guy. The food was ok, nothing special but i would argue that I am feeling that across the whole Premier Inn chain is sliding a little IMHO
Breakfast again a good experience - would I come again? For sure

• Stayed September 2012
united kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here for three nights, from the 7th Sept, it's fine , much like all the rest, not a bad location though. My only gripe would be about the bar, first night the service was awful, we gave up after waiting more than five minutes to get a beer, it was not particularly busy, walked down to the shipwrights arms, about ten minutes, good move actually, lot cheaper for both drink and food !! Did use the bar couple of nights later, ordered food, mine came with no garnish, or salad, just a piece of chicken and a bowl of fries !! After some debate, got the rest of my meal, but you do wonder , when only half your meal turns up !! Generally it was ok, but while the bar staff,do their best, it just struck me as poorly managed.I didn't consider it as a stopover on my way back

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Ipswitch South Premier Inn on the night of 2nd September 2012. On arrival were greeted by a delightful happy smiling receptionist who took the trouble to explain about the Goodnight Guarantee, the Premier breakfast and suggested booking a table for evening meal.

The room was recently refurbished and spotless. Absolutely clean with tea and coffee making facilities, a choice of pillows and a large (around 43") LCD TV. Also a fan and hair dryer were included.

The room was very comfortable and I'm looking forward to going back again when I need to stay in the area.

The staff were excellent especially the receptionist/housekeeper who went beyond the call of duty when we had a small accident spilling water on the bathroom floor. All that was required was a mop and bucket so we could clear up the spillage but the receptionist arrived with a mop and bucket and cleared up the mess for us. What a star! I find it's the little things like that which Premier Inn seem to excel in that always seems to make a stay at one of there hotels so enjoyable.

The attached restaurant served an excellent good value breakfast. The waitress even offered us more cooked breakfast.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor seemed pretty quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Everything you would expect from a Premier Inn, friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms. A fan was also provided in the room which was very needed in the hot weather. The restaurant next to the hotel was excellent and served very good steaks.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dorset-harvest
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a very pretty hotel and and close to my 60 year old parents so we decided to give them a break and stay there while visiting fom scotland. Unfortunately the front of house female staff member can only be described as awfull. We were harrased from the bar at precisely 11pm with no time to drink up, so we retired to our room where the same staff member came with a noise meter and insisted that my parents had to leave due to fire policy. Fortunately its only a 10 min walk to there house so we packed up and stayed at there home. I have never met anyone so rude in my life and we will never stay at another premier in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul H
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here with my Husband and two children, aged 2 & 4 in July.

We were going to camp locally but when we arrived weather conditions were not good, so decided at 7pm to try and find a local hotel. A friend back at home recommended Premier Inn and found on the internet this one and past me the contact information.

The only disappointment was the cost of the hotel differed considerably to the online prices. We did not have the facilities to book it on line from the car, so called direct to the hotel. We paid £59 room only.

We chose to pay for the breakfast and the children eat free.

The Hotel looked like it had had a re-vamp as the carpets etc looked new. Our room was clean and tidy including the bathroom. We had a double bed a single bed and a mattress on the floor. Lovely big TV on the wall with all Fee view channels. (including Cbeebies).

Only faults in the room were the heating control did not have any air-conditioning and we could not turn it down below 20 degrees. Also they give you two options of pillows but I did not like either (maybe that’s just me).

We chose to get some food from the restaurant attached and take it to our room. The Manager offered to bring it to our room which was fantastic. Not much space to eat with two little ones but we improvised. Breakfast in the restaurant was plentiful and again the staff were very accommodating.

All in all we were really impressed with Premier Inn and will definitely look to use them again if we have any weekends away to Theme Parks with children etc, but will pre book on line to get the better deals.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family