“Poor return experience”

Ranked #280 of 446 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Three joints out on the carvery were nothing more than scrappy remains of what was at some stage a decent roast. Meat portions were minute and vegs were soggy 'Has beens'. This was at 1pm so maybe there had been a flush of early diners!!! Anyway don't think the four of us will be returning.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went there for breakfast this morning! We had to wait for agers in a que for the help yourself breakfast, half of the choices where not possible as they had ran out! When I finally sat down with some food I realised that my cooked tomato was MOULDY! it had two big patches on the he side of mould and was black in the middle!! I have never been so disgusted! Lucky I didn't eat it or it would have made me rather ill!! Will NOT be returning there! Such a shame, really poor.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Being a big fan of Toby Carvery at Gorleston I was really looking forward to the new Toby opening in Ipswich. Unfortunately they have a lot to live up to - it was not a patch on Gorleston! I expected the food to be the same. The meats were lovely but the meals were let down by the vegetables. No roast parsnips and all the vegetables could have been hotter. The yorkshire puddings were massive but very dry. Leeks were just swimming in liquid and totally uncooked - couldn't wat them. The cauliflower cheese was - well, where was the cheese in the nondescript sauce. Desserts were lovely though and the restaurant itself is very nice as it is new.
But come on Toby your standards need to be the same in all your restaurants.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We visited Toby carvery for breakfast this morning with a couple of friends. We found it amazing value, for £11.98 per couple, this included unlimited tea of coffee, unlimited toast and unlimited buffest breakfast. It was also a pleasant restaurant to meet friends, we will return for breakfast and also go to try the famous Carvery.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Took family for breakfast,what a disaster.After waiting 30 mins during which time there were several tables which had not been cleared. when at last we got a table it was as last used,we cleared up ourselves,then found there were no clean knives and forks.The meal was nothing special,hash browns were inedible.We will not be returning.

1  Thank MS1941