“Such a disappointment”
Review of Cool Beanz

Cool Beanz
Ranked #179 of 447 Restaurants in Ipswich
Description: Independent Coffee House serving Paddy & Scott coffee and a good choice local sourced food.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have visited this coffee shop twice.

The first visit, I ordered a coffee and a bite to eat whilst preparing for a meeting at Grafton House (upstairs) - I was charged a surcharge to use card to pay, and the terminals used were so slow. First time the payment timed out and on the second occasion (5 minutes later) I managed to make payment. Service is slow, staff are great.

Inside the place is mismatched - at the front you have bench style... the rest is a mixture of bar stall, tub chairs and sofas. They did well with the space, cannot knock the layout. The coffee is far from the best I have had but it is much better than the 3 main coffee shop chains - Costa, Starbucks and Nero.

The second visit was a disappointment, which is the main reason for my "Poor" rating. I got there 10 minutes before closing... (they close at half 3!) the lights all on, they don't have an open or closed sign, a member of staff is sitting on the picnic bench like seating at the front of the shop eating food. Another member of staff was pacing in front of the door... From a distance, not knowing these people were staff, it looked as if its still open and by my watch it still should have been.

So when I got to the door and tried to open it, despite them also having a clock stating 20 minutes past 3 visible from the window, the gentleman (who I assume was a manager or owner) waved me away pointing to his wrists (who didn't have a watch!)

I was so annoyed as I had just came from the town centre where 90% of the coffee shops in Ipswich are (excluding cafes and those on the old skirts; Cool Beanz in Russell Road and Coffee Link at the train station and waterfront) especially to go to this coffee shop, and was shown up in front of people from both councils...

I wont be going again.

There are newer reviews for Cool Beanz

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Have visited this place several times over the past week. Coffee is lovely, food is freshly made slightly expensive. My biggest complaint is the slow service, waiting for a take-away coffee took nearly 10 minutes with only one couple in front.
Really does need speeding up.