“A hidden gem for afternoon tea”
Review of Applaud Coffee

Applaud Coffee
Ranked #2 of 52 Quick Bites in Ipswich
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: A creative and independent coffee house, passionate about serving great tasting coffee, home baked treats along with a few lunch options. We also have Gluten Free and Vegan options. OPEN Monday to Friday 8.30am - 4pm & Saturday 9.30am - 4pm. Come and say hello...
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time visiting for a works treat out with afternoon tea. Loved it and great value compared with other afternoon teas. Nice setting, lovely outside area. Sandwiches and cakes were so fresh and the chocolate brownie to die for. Staff lovely. I think shutting at 4pm is missing a trick however happy if this remains a hidden gem a little longer!

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

I've heard many good things about this place which can set your expectations too high sometimes, but thankfully this place did not disappoint. It's a cosy place but it gives a nice warm and friendly environment. There are lots of staff on hand all of who were very friendly and welcoming. The service was on point throughout and when I enquired about vegan options the girl behind the counter knew everything on offer to me, and there was plenty to choose from. She even made recommendations on my order which was a nice touch and showed she truly wanted me to have the best experience possible.
The food and drink were superb! Nothing could be faulted and nothing was leftover. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit here and will definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019

A good find with very nice food - light lunch, cakes, buns etc. Excellent coffee and a nice atmosphere. Cosy sheltered garden.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 24, 2019

I love this place; the coffee and cakes are delicious and the courtyard garden is such a lovely place to sit. The tables inside are all beautiful too, and it's usually packed! The bottles of water with mint leaves in are such a lovely touch. I'm glad that I'm local and can keep going back!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 15, 2019

I was double surprised there when occasionally popped for a takeaway coffee at a busy day. First, The Cappuccino was very expensive, second, the price didn't exceed the quality. It was the best coffee in a town according to my experience.

As a dedicated searcher for a best Espresso in Ipswich, I popped one more time. Unfortunately Espresso didn't surprised at relaxed Sunday as well as strange attitude of the staff. Service is good, just seems that the staff doesn't like international visitors or I don't get their manners properly.

My best recommendations for a Cappuccino Coffee lovers!

Date of visit: April 2019