“Excellent Sunday Roast”

Ranked #144 of 462 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went for a family meal at the Old Times Guest House. Possibly the best roast dinner I have ever had. Dining room is nicely decorated and spacious. Had a drink in the bar area afterwards. Staff were attentive and welcoming. We would happily eat here again.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

4 of us went to the dining room at the old times guest house for my boyfriend's parents anniversary meal. Firstly I was shocked by how beautiful it had all been done up inside, the bar area looked really welcoming and they had a good selection of drinks. The man who served us at the bar was friendly and we were soon welcomed through to the dining room, but were given the option of where we would like to eat (dining room or bar area). The dining room is nice and intimate, again nicely decorated and there was some nice background music during our meal. There was a really good amount of options for mains and dessert, and the price of these were really really good so I was pleasantly surprised. I say this because the portion sizes are really good and all the food is made from scratch using proper ingredients. There are however no starter options on the menu, but you don't really need these as the other courses are a really good size.

I ordered the mushroom stroganoff with Dauphinoise potatoes and It was really delicious. I then had the banana split for dessert and that too was delicious but admittedly I had to get my other half to finish it off as was so full from the good portion size from my main. All the rest of the group were also equally as happy and full from their meals. The lady who served us was very nice and friendly, and I believed she was the person who cooked the food too, so big credit to her.

I would certainly say if you haven't been before you should try it, we liked it so much that we have actually booked our Christmas day dinner there for the whole family!

1  Thank Tamisha O
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The dinning area is very clean and well laid out so tables are not on top of one another. The food was homemade and very tasty and fitted in with one fussy eater in the party.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

There are no dislikes to give. I liked the service and the food and the eating area. I am quite happy too eat there again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Perfect place to relax after a busy hard working day,the staff make you feel welcome and at home if i lived alone and i wanted good company and food i would make a bee line here most of the week,they have various selection of drinks and good home cooked food,they even have an ice cream parlour,on a summers day grab an ice cream as you are walking past or just grab one and sit on the seats outside even though its by the road side its been a good place to watch the red sunsets,if you have friends coming down to stay in Ipswich and want a guest house to stay in then get them to try this place out they will love the home made cooked food.we did and looking forward to our next visit tomorrow !