The Old Times Guest House
$75
$60
$152
$127
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$47
Travelodge
$64
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
PremierInn.com
All reviewssister pubdouble showerdog parka lovely young ladyhomely touchfree private parkingsuper breakfastcereal toastbus stopoff street parkingmins walk awayhome comfortsfull englishselection of cerealscooked breakfastclean roomspub grub
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at the old times for around 2 months for work and I am absolutely delighted with everything it has to offer, great food, lovely rooms, exceptionally clean and run by 3 of the nicest people you could wish to meet, they truly make you feel very welcome. I would recommend this guest house to anyone, best place I have stayed in along long time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob T
KellyLkL, General Manager at The Old Times Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thanks Rob it was great meeting you and your colleagues. We are really glad that we were able to support your needs while working away from home. The three of us enjoyed looking after you all and providing you with a clean, hospitable pub to sleep, eat and drink in, even enjoyed making your pack lunch. Our job is done! Until we are fortunate enough to host some more contracters working in Ipswich that need that home from home hospitality. Take care.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just had a very pleasant evening at The Old Times Guest House. The meals were exceptionally Good quantity and quality. Staff were friendly. Service was good and the meals were all at a good price. Will be going back for sure and spreading the

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
KellyLkL, General Manager at The Old Times Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

Thank you for taking time to review my business. It is great to tick all the boxes, these positive words motivates my team and myself. I hope to see you again. Happy Travels sending you best wishes.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at Old Times Guest house because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and the price. I have no absolutely regrets. The service was excellent and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was good, we had dinner and breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. A colleague and myself were on a weekend course. We were tired and the new information we had learnt was spilling from our heads. The Old Times Guest House provide a relaxing haven where we were able to unwind, relax and review the days work. We will stay at The Old Times Guest House when next we have to overnight or more in Ipswich. The beer on tap was also very helpful. Full stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
KellyKL, General Manager at The Old Times Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay thank you for spending time to review us. We look forward to seeing you again as with all our valued customers.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I recently stayed overnight saturday in a single room whilst on a course. Although the rear car park was less than reassuring, the welcome was warm and friendly. The guest house smelled lovely and fresh and the room was beautifully/tastefully decorated. Having travelled with a colleague, we ate in the bar whilst working, and appreciated being offered the wifi code without having to ask. Although a limited menu, the food was fab, obviously fresh and generous in portion, the bread was lovely. The bed was firm and comfy, with lovely smelling clean sheets. Loved the bathroom and had a great shower! My only real issue was being woken at sunrise as the blind sits proud of the windowframe and the bed was directly in line (Petes room), perhaps some velcro? ( I sleep with earplugs, so can't comment on any traffic noise, I didn't notice any!) Breakfast was as expected, with a warm friendly morning reception, however, it would have been nice to see a breakfast menu. On the whole, excellent value for money, and I will definately book again if I'm in the area, already told people!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We wanted somewhere for a night away in Ipswich for 3 couples and that wasn't going to break the bank. Came across this looking Guest House on TripAdvisor and was attracted by the website and the look of the rooms. It has been redecorated throughout and each room has a signature colour that is picked out in the cushions or wall paper. We had a very warm welcome, slept well and enjoyed a lovely home cooked breakfast. Deserves to succeed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends