“Love this restaurant!”

Aurora Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 443 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aurora Bar and Restaurant is a dining experience, located on Ipswich Marina. Serving pan-European cuisine and with unrivalled views, Aurora is truly a destination venue.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this restaurant!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have visited Aurora on more than one occasion (with girlfriends, work colleagues & fiancé) and have nothing but praise for the place. Building, atmosphere, staff, food & drink all amazing!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Daisy3210
Emma N, Public Relations Manager at Aurora Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you very much for this positive review - it sounds like you are becoming one of our best customers!!

We're so pleased you have enjoyed the Aurora experience and hope to see you again very soon.

Suffolk
“Style over substance”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

A friend and I decided to eat here having heard mixed reviews. For starters we both had the salad which was disappointing - fig, shallot and goats cheese with mixed leaves - there were only two tiny pieces of goats cheese and there wasn't much dressing. For the main my friend had a roast which came with hardly any gravy and they had forgotten the cauliflower cheese. I ordered the only vegetarian option of a nut & roast veg. pithivier, according to the menu it should have been served with spring greens and a cream and white wine sauce - what it arrived with was roast potatoes (dry), broccoli and carrots and melted butter with parsley! When our waiter came over to ask if everything was OK, I explained and he said he would speak to the chef, upon his return he told us the cauliflower cheese was on it's way and gave me some more butter and parsley! No mention of spring greens, no more gravy for my friend and no sign of my cream and white wine sauce. I left most of my main, it was too dry, our water was not replenished. When the waiter came back he asked if everything was OK so I reiterated that what I received was not what I had ordered. He said he would speak to the chef (again!?) and then came back and plonked dessert menus in front of us. We got up and went down to the bar, where the barman was super friendly and nice and said he would speak to the chef, he returned and said the owner would come and speak to us. The proprietor came over and asked what the problem was, said HE would speak to the chef (the fourth conversation with the chef by three people?!), he came back and apologised and gave us a voucher for a free bottle of wine with our next two course a la carte meal. We were told three or four times that obviously not that many people complain as he wouldn't be able to go around giving out bottles of free wine to everyone... yet still were not told what the chef said!? On the up side, the barman was great. A lot of staff training and a different menu and this place could be great.

2 Thank Carrie2108
Thank you for taking the time to review Aurora.

We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience at the restaurant and we will certainly be taking your comments into account.

We are currently undergoing extensive staff training every week to combat any potential issues that may arise and ensure our staff are delivering the high quality standards we are aiming for.

Constructive criticism is always encouraged as we want to ensure that we're continually improving.

We hope that you'll return to Aurora and give us a chance to redeem ourselves.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cant wait to go back”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place is excellent from the moment you walk in, staff are polite and friendly and make you feel welcome instantly, My visit was a relaxed meal with my girlfriend, but I will most definitely re visit for business meals.
We arrived early for our table so sat in the bar area for a while, where the staff were friendly and all very polite and well spoken which is not found enough nowadays. we asked for a menu so we could preorder while having some drinks, we were liking the bar area so much that we were about 30 mins late to our table through our own choice, and not once were we rushed or asked to take our table. this bar and restaurant, has a very formal appearance with a very relaxed feel... perfect.
Callum was very polite and introduced himself to us when we arrived. even when he looked busy making sure everybody was happy (there was a huge hen party arrived while we were there) he certainly had time to stop and say a few words in between.
I would feel comfortable in this place dressed in full suit for business, or jeans and trainers for casual.
Also looks like there is space outside for tables in the warmer months, I hope they do.
Upstairs the restaurant was amazing, plenty of space, waiting staff were very polite, every small detail was impressive. and the food was perfect.
I cant pick a fault.... ermm, the sun was very bright in our eyes in the restaurant?? that's all I can come up with if I really dig deep!! haha, it was early evening in April the sun was low!!
Unfortunately we had to leave at eight o clock so did not get to experience the music and later evening, but will definitely be returning soon.
Overall, opinion? I will rate it as the best in Ipswich at the moment.

1 Thank Marc W
Emma N, Public Relations Manager at Aurora Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Wow! Thank you for this incredible review.

We're delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable evening and it sounds like you really had the 'Aurora Experience' that we're working so hard to achieve.

We will certainly be having tables outside in the warmer months (once the temperature rises slightly!) and we hope that you'll join us again very soon.

Best wishes and thanks again,
Emma,
London, England, United Kingdom
“wonderful by the waterfront”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Have had the great pleasure for eating at this wonderful restaurant twice now excellent both times.
First a lunch for 3 wonderful service great food and wine.
Second Sunday lunch for 10 wonderful friendly service,food and wine. excellent value and great roast and the rhubarb fool was delicious.Will be looking forward to our next visit.

1 Thank lesleydean
Thank you for your great review.

We're so glad to hear that you've been a return visitor and we hope to see you again soon for your third time!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great experience - definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Great food, service, staff, views and what can I say about the cocktails other than I left my car and taxi'd home!! Very good experience and will definitely be going back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank NMCK1987
Emma N, Public Relations Manager at Aurora Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
That's exactly what we like to hear! And also the reason that we have a free Aurora car park!

So glad you enjoyed the cocktails and I'm sure by the time you come back, we will have added to our ever-growing expansive cocktail list so there will be more to try...