“quick lunch”

Ranked #65 of 465 Restaurants in Ipswich
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very poor service.Waited 20 minutes at the bar to order.My friend couldn't wait any longer and had to leave. The manager didn't seem to care.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stopped by for an evening meal and opted for the carvery, I wish I'd gone to Burger King across the road. The roast beef was over cooked and dry - I asked the carvery if he'd perhaps cut me a slice from the other end of the joint suggesting it may be a little more palatable he flatly refused stating "that'd dry it out at both ends and we will be serving this tomorrow", I should have walked out at that point but I didn't, the vegetables were also overdone but what really surprised me was that the mashed potato was made from instant mash - how hard is it to boil some potatoes, add a little butter and cream then mash them, obviously it's rocket science to the kitchen staff at the Mermaid - there certainly isn't a chef back there. I won't even mention the gravy as it doesn't deserve one!

1  Thank David J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First I must say the waitresses and bar staff were lovely and the food was nice But unfortunately the manager ripped into a member of staff after an incident with a customer she did this in front of everyone and I thought this was an awful thing to do and it ruined our meal such a shame and so unprofessional

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Witnessed manager on 13th May being rude and inappropriate to a young member of staff. Totally spoilt our visit and meal.

1  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner were here for dinner we both had a roast dinner and both me and my partner in joyed it as it was very tasty and well cooked. And the prices are very good as well and the staff are very friendly and reliable.

1  Thank glynn a