“Nice food, interesting pub”
Review of Gardeners Arms

Gardeners Arms
Ranked #66 of 503 Restaurants in Ipswich
Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely vegan chickpea curry, the portions were very generous. Lots of interesting artefacts on the walls. Would visit again.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (73)

Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

Recommended.by our daughter so we were first time visitors.
Was surprised that on a Thursday it was so busy, we were shown to a table by the owner and found him to be very friendly.
There was a good menu choice and some good specials available.
It’s a very Quirky pub but very homely and I liked it.
We had a plain choice as per the photos but seeing the roasts being eaten looks superb, and we will be back..

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Been to this pub, lot of times in the pass & have always had good service & good food.
The old landlord has retired and his son in law now runs the pub. Well when I say runs the pub, It seems to me that when you go into this pub now, your a bit of a Inconvenience as the new landlord has to get off his computer, which he is more interested in, then running the pub. The food we had was not very good, It was only fish & chips. The fish looked like it had been reheated & was not very nice.
If this new landlord don't buck his ideas up, I can see this pub going like so many others. I will leave it a few mouths before I go back & hope it improve. Because this is a nice little pub. In the mean time I will use the pub down the road, The Kings Head.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Found the man on the bar rude and made for an uncomfortable visit. Did not stay long and will not go back

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 2, 2018

A wide range of food and drink available with a standard menu, one for older people and a large selecion to choose from as listed on the wall boards.

Date of visit: September 2018