“Gluten Free with helpful staff and value for money”

Jacey's Coffee House
Ranked #56 of 462 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Award winning Independent Coffee House in a Charming old property in the centre of Ipswich town, the dinning areas are spread over 3 floors and also have an outdoor pavement seating area.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We often find it difficult to eat in Ipswich at lunch time as my husband has to have Gluten Free food. The first time I went to Jacey's the staff could not be more helpful. They explained everything that was Gluten Free and how they could also substitute other parts of the menu. I have visited several times with my husband and have enjoyed freshly cooked quiches and sandwiches with super fillings. Gone are the days of having to just do with a chocolate brownie or 1 choice of sandwich. The price is excellent compared to the large chain establishments with very polite staff. Thank you.

2  Thank Anne D
Jackie W, Owner at Jacey's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our Coffee House, its good to hear your appreciation of our gluten free foods.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

As regular customers we would dispute earlier negative comments. We always find the staff helpful and friendly. They always manage to serve promptly even on a Saturday when they are very busy. There is a good choice of hot and cold meals.
I recommend it and will continue going there.
Bob

Jackie W, Owner at Jacey's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Whenever we go to Ipswich we always have lunch at Jacey's - my favourite is their Cajun Prawn Melt on Ciabatta with house coffee and my wife loves their homemade cakes and scones!
The staff are always pleasant and the quality of food and price is great.
My only concern writing a review is we don't get a table in future if it's too busy, as it's already pretty busy!!
If they do their pop-up evening restaurant just book it - we went in December and had the best value 3 course meal ever!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

been here many many times and i am coming back tomorrow . you can tell if a place is good because its always very very busy . highly recommend there white hot chocolate !

1  Thank moodcyow665
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've been here more than 10 times since I was young and it is a lovely place to go and get a hot drink and cake or for lunch.
Their prices are reasonable, they have a good selection of food and drink, there is plenty of seating and its clean.
It is in an old building and the tables are quite cramped together so if you don't like that then you may not want to go, but its definitely worth a visit.
All their food is prepared then and there and their cakes are hand made too and you can taste it. They also do one of the best hot chocolates in Ipswich, up there with Costa's. Lovely Cadburys hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and a flake.
Also the service is good, they always have plenty of staff and you are never waiting long for your order to be taken, they are efficient.