“RSC - eat your heart out!!!”

Red Rose Chain Theatre
Ranked #18 of 114 things to do in Ipswich
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Took my wife for an anniversary surprise to Jimmy's Farm to see the Red Rose Chain perform the Taming of the Shrew in the Theatre in the Forest. Having seen the 67 film, an RSC production and a many TV version, this one was the best. It was so full of energy with dancing and puppetry to boot - and all done with 6 actors / actresses. The setting was superb under the green canopy - although take an unmbrella - just in case!. We were even specially serenaded on our anniversary. A great night out for all the family!

There are newer reviews for Red Rose Chain Theatre

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful production of Fallen in Love within the magical setting of the Tower of London. Brilliant actors. I will look out for this company in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our first visit to a Red Rose production was their interpretation of King Lear in Rendlesham Forest. It was great.We ordered a picnic hamper and the attention from staff and volunteers was so nice it made our evening.We will be back next year.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Have seen a few of their Shakespeare open air performances. The ones I have seen have been fun and a nice evening out. I will go again when I see something I like.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

A very small cast of actors made it a most enjoyable evening