“You can't get a better breakfast anywhere!”

Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“You can't get a better breakfast anywhere!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed at the Belstead on a number of occasions both for business and pleasure and I would not dream of staying anywhere else in Ipswich. Without doubt the staff work very hard to make guests' stay the best they can. The hotel is being refurbished and it is unfair to criticise them for making improvements as I see some guests have done.
The facilities are good and the surroundings lovely, tucked away in beautiful grounds. Having stayed at numerous different hotels all over the country and abroad I can safely say that the Belstead's breakfast is the best I have had and the quality of food at other times is excellent.
If you are looking for a hotel which cares about providing the best for its guests then the Belstead is the place to go. Nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chris_Holden, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your complimentary review about the facilities and services we provide and in particular about our breakfasts. It is always good to know when these are appreciated and we look forward to continuing to welcome you to the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
England
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Upon arrival to the hotel I was impressed with the grounds and the building. Check in was easy and quick and the staff were quite helpful.
Our room was on the ground floor and was not what I expected really for this level of hotel.
The room was a decent size and well positioned facing the back of the hotel which was good for noise levels and privacy etc.
The bed was not very comfortable at all really, although I did have quite a peaceful nights sleep.
The bathroom needs A LOT of updating. The toilet flush was ill positioned and didn't work properly, the bath and shower taps were really manky with mold and mildew and just generally needed replacing and a bit of a spruce up. The water pressure was better than expected and really hot.
Breakfast was good, but at £7.50 tray charge per tray for room service - a bit pricey !
Didn't use any of the facilities although they looked rather pleasant.
I would possibly consider staying here again should I be in the Ipswich area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed many aspects of the services and facilities we provided and am grateful to your for your constructive comments about other aspects of your stay. We are aware of the need for works to be completed, particularly in the bathrooms and are hopeful that these will commence in the New Year. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to the area.
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I would never normally pass bad comment about other people whilst I have stayed at a hotel. But I had the misfortune to experience two very rude and disrespectful female guests whilst on a short back. I have noticed they have already placed a comment on here! Be ensured that it was the best thing these rude people left. We were then not subject to the embarrassmentof how these people felt they were above common manners and how they spoke to staff!!! Enough of them!! The hotel is pleasantly welcoming and the staff friendly and nothing is too much trouble. We will stay again and would recommend this hotel. The swimming pool is great and breakfast filling!!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Chris_Holden, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your support and positive comments about the hotel and staff. It is very much appreciated and we thank you for your recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We recently hosted a national weekend for our nationwide social group "Country Link", with around 100 visitors from as far away as Cornwall and Ayrshire. Everyone loved the hotel, its ambience, the food, the function room, the spa facilities, and particularly the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. And, speaking as one of the organisers, in all my dealings with the hotel management and staff, nothing was too much trouble for them. Many thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angela W
We were delighted to learn you and your colleagues enjoyed your recent weekend with us and that you found the facilities and services provided were to your satisfaction. It is always a great pleasure to know when we get things right and I am very grateful to you for taking the time and trouble in posting your review. Your kind comments will be passed on to all concerned.
Hadleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have just read a review that wasn't very complimentary to Belstead Brook Hotel. I have stayed on three occasions and every time it has been a very good experience. I last stayed with my friend and took advantage of a three day spa break. The service was great. Our two spa treatments were fab and the food as usual was of a very good standard. We wasn't really sure how Belstead managed such an offer and we will certainly look for it again. I have also stayed at the Hotel with my mother who is in her eighties and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I will stay there again when I need a break as it really can't be beaten for price and service. Watch out for the deals. The only complaint was that there was a wedding party (very noisy) and perhaps Belstead could think about housing Wedding parties in one part of the hotel as not to disturb other guest - better still I will inquire if there is a Wedding going on next time I want to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been great but we had a huge room upstairs with a sofa fantastic for my mother.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Chris_Holden, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your positive review about your visits. We were really pleased to learn that as a repeat guest to the hotel, you have always found the facilities and services to your satisfaction, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had read the reviews of the place and thought they sounded marvellous. What a disappointment. A very tired and dreary hotel. Bedroom dusty and had a dirty carpet. Stayed 3 nights and no shampoo or bath gel replenished at all (and very cheap make). Food including breakfast uninspiring. Staff were tired and reflected the feel of the place, with the exception of a nice friendly young bar man. Bar area tired and poor lighting. Totally lacked ambience. You could see that years ago it would have been a stunning place but alas not now! On the map (booking.com) it looks close to the station but it is a good two miles away in the wrong direction for Ipswich! Will not be back - very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cathy W
Chris_Holden, General Manager at Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I was sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the services and facilities we offered. The hotel bar is currently undergoing redecoration and we are renewing the entire bar furniture which will be a major improvement in this area of the hotel. I was sorry to read that you found the staff tired. Our team is one of our strongest assets and the reason so many of our guests return.
Ipswich
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is one event everyone should attend.
We checked into the hotel in the afternoon and made use of the lovely swimming pool and jaccuzi. Nice way to chill & relax.
We had a garden room, which was lovely. Patio doors leading to a little private patio, would be lovely in the summer.
Room very clean, spacious and the bed was so comfortable.
We attend the Top of The Pops dinner dance in the Willow Suite. Lovely 2 course meal, chicken sauce was to die for and the chocolate cheesecake was the best!!!.
Staff were brilliant,service was quick considering the amount of guests. This gave plenty of time for dancing the night away to a great disco.
Music ranged from the 60's to today's music and I can not belive that the dance floor was full ALL night!!
Great package price including all the above and we will BE BACK for the next one in March.
Keep up the good work Belstead Brook!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your really positive review of your recent stay with us. We were delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your evening with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Salthouse Harbour Hotel
Novotel Ipswich
#3 of 18 in Ipswich
Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa
Best Western Gatehouse Hotel

Been to Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel? Share your experiences!