I stayed here on 30th January 2009 as a single occupant in a double room. I was allocated a room on the 5th floor. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge and had a seperate bath and shower, which is always nice.
A good selection of toiletries and towels were available in the bathroom also, with the hair dryer being stored in the wardrobe.
The room decor was quite infitting with the area I thought, especially the door style.
There are 3 clear areas to the bedroom: the bed, the office and the lounge. This works very well in the room, but would be a problem during summer I think when the sun is setting if you were working at your desk with a laptop.
I ordered room service just after I checked in, which was done to a good standard and the receptionist was very friendly. The room service order was dealt with professionally, although they didn't have a chef working during the afternoon. I just ordered a sandwich, which took a reasonable 15 minutes to arrive at my door.
Later on, the attendant came to my door to see if I needed any more tea, coffee etc and was very professional and friendly as well.
I booked a table in the restaurant, which has 2 AA rosettes, so I was expecting excellent food with excellent service.
The food was to an amazing standard and the chefs obviously know what they're doing. Starter, main and dessert were all excellent, though the cheesecake could have done with setting a bit longer perhaps. The service in the restaurant isn't quite what I expect from a rosette restaurant, but was to a good standard compared to some places. Some tips might be to get the staff to crumb before laying dessert cutlery, use trays/plates to carry cutlery etc.
The bed was quite comfortable, although I didn't sleep that well, but that is more than likely due to my nerves for the next day.
I had room service breakfast as I was in a rush. The full english was to a very good standard and the make of the preserves and sauces were very good.
Taking this into account, £114 for a DBB deal for one person for one night is actually quite reasonable. The rooms are immaculately clean, even in the places some housekeepers forget about! The staff are very friendly and it shows that a young team can perform as well as any other.
If I am in the area again, I would certainly consider staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This artfully designed boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Suffolk reflects luxury and dazzles in the waterfront of Ipswich's vibrant Harbour quayside at night. The Salthouse Harbour Hotel goes beyond what you expect and exudes its 4 star status in every curious corner, eccentric sofa and unstuffy cushion. The sea-salted brickwork exterior has been restored & rejuvenated into a ship shape contemporary warehouse of rich modern interiors and rooms adorned with vintage furniture, sculptures and eclectic art. Within its comfy chic decor, although the mood is friendly and relaxed, the staff are professionally attentive to your every need. The cuisine is exciting and the popularity of the Salthouse Eaterie fills this delightful waterfront restaurant as soon as the tables are laid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Salthouse Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salthouse Harbour Ipswich
- Hotel Salthouse Harbour
- Salthouse Harbour Hotel Ipswich, Suffolk