Salthouse Harbour Hotel
  • Free Internet
$92
$74
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$47
Travelodge
Travelodge Ipswich Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
    1,471 results
    All reviewscopper bathsail loftmarina roomthe penthousesalt housesister hotelscallopsin bury st edmundslovely hotelfront facingsuffolk breakfastafternoon teafree standing bathcar parkbreakfast in bedboutique hotelhuge bed
    Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed for one night after watching Ipswich Town V QPR. Though we didnt pay the premium for a marina view we were lucky enough to be allocated one in the original part of the hotel. Lovely furnished room with a comfortable bed and a great view over the marina. Had lunch and breakfast in the restaurant, very good food and a good varied menu. The hotel is ideally situated for the town with plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and within a five minute walk of the football ground. One very small gripe is that we only found one small lift and at busy times the wait could be quite long.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
    LynnCowan, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear David

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Salthouse harbour Hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have stayed here quite a few times and I really like it. The staff are lovely and really welcoming. The bedrooms are really kitted out nice. Very attentive staff in the bar and restaurant. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

It was lovely to read your review about your stay at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am glad that you with us was enjoyable and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Use this hotel quite often for weekends and odd nights away, close to the town,Great hotel, The restaurant is first class, staff make you welcome stayed here many times, plenty of eateries in close proximity.

Room Tip: Any rooms ending 06 give you a good view of the marina
    • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Dave

Thank you for your comments on your stay and I am glad that it was enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the near future.

With kind Regards

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We want to the Salthouse today for a cream tea. We took our elderly dad and his friend and the two of us. We had booked for the cream tea,
    The whole experience was just what we had hoped for an English afternoon tea, beautiful pot of tea, freshly brewed coffee and the most amazing warm, soft and gorgeous scones. Individual pots of strawberry jam with clotted cream.
    The presentation was lovely, we certainly didn't feel rushed to hurry our tea and the waitress was very attentive without being in the way.
    We would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone. The views over the marina and water were also impressive! Thanks so much.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ollie

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I hope we can welcome you all of you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Used this hotel as a one night stopover while on a business trip and found this hotel to be very good indeed. From the friendly and efficient check-in my stay started well, my room, very large and clean was stylish and provided everything I needed. It was, on my arrival a little cold, but turning up the room radiator soon meant that it became comfy and cozy. My trip was just before Christmas and the restaurant was pretty busy with work parties etc but the staff were very accommodating and while I had a drink at the small bar, made me up a nicely placed table. The food is to a reasonable standard, although some may find it a little overpriced, depends what you are used to I guess and it was Christmas as I say, so not the best time to judge a restaurant, there are plenty of other eateries in the area, so you do have a good choice of tastes and prices locally. I can imagine that it would be a lovely place to stay for a summer break, the harbour setting is very attractive.

The cost of my stay was good value, but was subject to a company discount, so full price would of course be more expensive but probably still good value for a very tidy hotel indeed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business