What a great hotel. Recognising from the booking that my wife and I were celebrating the hotel had left us a big bunch of flowers in our room - a lovely touch.
We did the decadent package; afternoon tea, bottle of bubbly in the room, pamper treats, 4 course dinner with wine, breakfast, and the penthouse suite all for £350. A great price for a luxurious break.
We took the afternoon tea in the restaurant, and the staff sat us on the table where I'd proposed to my wife many years ago! A fine selection of sandwiches and sweet treats which a re just delicious.
The evening meal was also really good - with the starter and fish course (and my wife's veggie alternatives) being particular highlights.
Bubbly in the room was delicious and the pamper treats were just what was needed for a weekend away from the kids.
We had room 604 one of the two penthouses which offered stunning views across the harbour - we spent hours just lounging around relaxing.
The only downside is all the noise til the early hours from Isaacs next door (which the bedroom overlooks). It was beyond loud and into obtrusive. The only downside to an otherwise fantastic break - I highly recommend this hotel - but if staying in a Friday or Saturday check where your room is. Hopefully The Salthouse can come to an arrangement with Isaacs about shutting down at midnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This artfully designed boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Suffolk reflects luxury and dazzles in the waterfront of Ipswich's vibrant Harbour quayside at night. The Salthouse Harbour Hotel goes beyond what you expect and exudes its 4 star status in every curious corner, eccentric sofa and unstuffy cushion. The sea-salted brickwork exterior has been restored & rejuvenated into a ship shape contemporary warehouse of rich modern interiors and rooms adorned with vintage furniture, sculptures and eclectic art. Within its comfy chic decor, although the mood is friendly and relaxed, the staff are professionally attentive to your every need. The cuisine is exciting and the popularity of the Salthouse Eaterie fills this delightful waterfront restaurant as soon as the tables are laid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Hotel.de so you can book your Salthouse Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salthouse Harbour Ipswich
- Hotel Salthouse Harbour
- Salthouse Harbour Hotel Ipswich, Suffolk