“A great weekend - just be careful of the neighbours” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salthouse Harbour Hotel

Salthouse Harbour Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A great weekend - just be careful of the neighbours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a great hotel. Recognising from the booking that my wife and I were celebrating the hotel had left us a big bunch of flowers in our room - a lovely touch.

We did the decadent package; afternoon tea, bottle of bubbly in the room, pamper treats, 4 course dinner with wine, breakfast, and the penthouse suite all for £350. A great price for a luxurious break.

We took the afternoon tea in the restaurant, and the staff sat us on the table where I'd proposed to my wife many years ago! A fine selection of sandwiches and sweet treats which a re just delicious.

The evening meal was also really good - with the starter and fish course (and my wife's veggie alternatives) being particular highlights.

Bubbly in the room was delicious and the pamper treats were just what was needed for a weekend away from the kids.

We had room 604 one of the two penthouses which offered stunning views across the harbour - we spent hours just lounging around relaxing.

The only downside is all the noise til the early hours from Isaacs next door (which the bedroom overlooks). It was beyond loud and into obtrusive. The only downside to an otherwise fantastic break - I highly recommend this hotel - but if staying in a Friday or Saturday check where your room is. Hopefully The Salthouse can come to an arrangement with Isaacs about shutting down at midnight.

Room Tip: Ask for any room away from isaacs
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tim C
LynnCowan, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Tim

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay at The Salthouse. I am glad overall that you had a wonderful time with us, your comments have been noted and I will be passing them along to my management team. We hope that we can welcome you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the future.

With Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed for the fourth time and paid a bit more for a loft room and were upgraded to one of the rooms with the Juliet Balcony. It was lovely and the views over the waterfront and the marina were so relaxing. The staff are always so friendly and the food is superb. Definitely our favourite in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel

Thank you for you kind comments about The Salthouse Harbour Hotel and taking the time to write a review. I am glad that your time spent with us was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Teesside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here on a works trip, Fantasic fooms and service.

Had a harbour view room which was superb, can not fault in any way shape or form. Will definatley stay here again. Rooms were superbly furnished to a tastefull anddestinct style.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour view !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank steandnick
Dear Guest

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel and thank you for the lovely review. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is such a LOVELY hotel.

We had a massive bed. My boyfriend is 6"3 and I am 5"11 and we could both sleep in the "running position" without touching!

Beautiful attention to detail. Lovely Emma Bridgewater mugs and tasty cookies with proper cafetiere coffee in the rooms.

Magnificent copper bath tub and gorgeous shutters that opened to a view of the harbour.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was great too.

I have to try really hard to find a negative.... erm.... the car park is a little cramped???

Would CERTAINLY stay again. Well done people.

Room Tip: You must treat yourself to a room with a copper bath!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

It was lovely to read your review about The Salthouse. I am very happy that your enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying for our 4th visit here a couple of weeks ago. It is a fabulous hotel and the young staff are brilliant and very welcoming. We had a super room overlooking the marina and the room was superbly appointed with huge bed, leather chaise longe and arm chair, beautiful dressing table and very plush bathroom. Breakfast was the Suffolk Grill - yummy. We are looking forward to staying there again in January and July of next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Diana

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments on The Salthouse. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in January.

mansfield england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I had a recent short break at the Salthouse Harbour Hotel for two reasons. 1 We've never been to Ipswich and 2 I liked the look of the hotel. We are both so glad we went. We arrived early (About 12 as we selected train travel from Nottingham so to early to check in) and the receptionist so cheerful said when we returned our luggage would be in the room. At 3 it was. We spent a couple of hours looking out onto the marina with a glass of reasonably priced wine through the floor to ceiling glass in the lounge before going back to our room to change for the evening. A very nice room and we had a side window with a view of the marina from it.

The evening meal was very reasonably priced, it was absolutely fabulous quality and again a reasonable price. The breakfast, my favourite, cooked to order no buffet style serve yourself here just an attentive waiter and waitress.

I cannot fault this hotel. From the minute I booked in I knew it would be good, that was the impression I received. All hotel reception staff are efficient, to be efficient and exude a warmth is something else.

We loved this hotel and will return

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I was extremely happy to read that your time spent at The Salthouse was amazing. Thank you for the wonderful review and I hope that we may welcome you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Super hotel with a very nice reception/bar area, I visited on business but wished my wife had joined me. The rooms are amazing, I was upgraded to a room overlooking the harbour with a copper bath tub. The room also had a beautiful sofa to view the boats as you rest on the balcony. The food was nice as was breakfast. Will be visiting again soon

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Phil

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am glad the you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you and your wife to The Salthouse in the near future.

With Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
Hintlesham Hall
Hintlesham Hall
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham
Premier Inn Ipswich Town Centre (Quayside) Hotel

Been to Salthouse Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!