“A real breath of fresh air.”

Salthouse Harbour Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed Saturday night , rooms, staff , food excellent , all seemed happy and professional .would come back definitely . We had a harbour view, very helpful with parking , breakfast good , restaurant modern , food good value and sense ably Priced

• Stayed: October 2013
LynnCowan, Manager at Salthouse Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear David

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am glad that you had a great time and I hope that I can welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Salthouse Harbour Hotel

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel, we stayed on the decadent package which has everything included. The room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The food was lovely and all the staff were friendly, helpful and knew what they were talking about, something that is often missing these days. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Claire

Thank you for your wonderful comments about The Salthouse Harbour Hotel. I am happy that your time with us was enjoyable and I hope that we may see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Just back from one night and one dinner, I can confirm all the positive comments of the other reviews. Good room, large bathrooms, huge beds with quality sheets and towels. Staff are young and keen, maybe not über professional but keenness and personality make up for what they lack in professionalism. The wine list is very good, twenty reds and twenty white wines served by the half bottle carafe ,this is the first time I have seen such an extensive choice such as this. The food is very good especially at these prices, breakfast was as good as anywhere. Fresh juice, lose tea and all served at the table..........no dreaded buffet! Parking is an issue but as they take care of your car you just forget about it and enjoy the experience. I agree with the comment about the lack of a separate bar, not ideal drinking champagne in reception. Clientele is a mixture of young well heeled, middle aged also well heeled and those couples who probably go off in separate cars!

Room Tip: If you know someone special, do take them there..........if you don't , then find someone specia...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I was very pleased to read your review about The Salthouse Harbour Hotel and I am especially glad that you enjoyed our wide selections of wines and food. I will be passing your lovely comments along to my staff and I hope I can look forward to welcoming you back to The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stopped for lunch without a booking
Although they were busy we were found a table and made to feel welcome

The young lady serving was friendly helpful and returned quickly with our wine

The food was excellent and good value

We will return

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Clive

Thank you for writing a review on The Salthouse Harbour Hotel Trip Advisor page. I am glad that you had an excellent lunch with us and I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

After being recommended to The Salthouse by a friend, we eventually booked it for our anniversary. I was never keen in going to Ipswich for our anniversary but just wanted to go to somewhere a bit different that wouldn't take hours to get too and after looking at their amazingly cool website we booked.

We had a great great time from the moment we arrived we knew we were in for a great experience. The hotel is fab not much else there apart from the hotel but you don't need to go anywhere. We went on a beautiful weekend so the sun was shining I must say not sure if I'll be keen to go back in winter as summer it really is such a beautiful setting looking out on to the harbour. I really loved this hotel, it's quite hard to believe you are in the middle of Ipswich you could literally be anywhere.

The staff are very friendly and nothing is impossible for them, it would of been nice to see a Front of House manager as I couldn't really see who was managing the hotel as such just lots of staff. However, they were all very profession and accommodating.

Overall a fantastic trendy boutique hotel loved it and will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Dont be put off by your room being on the low floor we had room 109 and the view was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Reading your review was lovely and I am very happy that you had a wonderful anniversary at The Salthouse. I hope to see you at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the neat future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The room rate meant that we stayed at the Premier Inn nearby, but we took clients for dinner at the Salthouse. Excellent food, very accommodating and friendly staff. One issue during the evening was dealt with swiftly and professionally, hats off to the staff for sorting things out for us without any fuss.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear James

I am glad that you had a good evening meal with us and your comments have been noted. I hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Following a recent experience at the Salthouse which left us questioning the validity of the star rating, we were given a chance to relive the experience. Our second visit left us in no doubt that the Salthouse deserves its 2013 certificate of excellence and in our opinion is the premier Ipswich place to stay.

Prior to our visit on 5th October 13, My wife and I had been working hard preparing and delivering our products for a local Suffolk producers market. Arriving at the reception we were greeted warmly by the receptionist. Having asked if we had had a busy weekend, my wife explained that we had and the receptionists response was "well your here with us now so it's time to relax" this left me in no doubt that we would be looked after in all areas of operation at the hotel....

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dave

Thank you for writing a review about your time spent with us and I am so happy to hear that your return stay at The Salthouse was enjoyable. I hope that we may see you again at The Salthouse Harbour Hotel in the near future.

With Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
pentahotel Ipswich
#4 of 18 in Ipswich
The Brudenell Hotel
The Brudenell Hotel
#2 of 4 in Aldeburgh

Been to Salthouse Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!