Stayed at the Salthouse Harbour for just one night, whilst on a business trip locally. A group of us had dinner in the restaurant, which was excellent. But it was the bedrooms that had most impact. Spacious, comfortable, using the character of the old port building fully, it seemed a pity not to spend more time in the room! Overall a slightly quirky decor which maybe not everyone will like, but this reiewer did. Finally, good value for money. Its sister hotel, The Angel in Bury St Edmunds, is similarly recommended by those I was staying with. Looking for an excuse to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This artfully designed boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Suffolk reflects luxury and dazzles in the waterfront of Ipswich's vibrant Harbour quayside at night. The Salthouse Harbour Hotel goes beyond what you expect and exudes its 4 star status in every curious corner, eccentric sofa and unstuffy cushion. The sea-salted brickwork exterior has been restored & rejuvenated into a ship shape contemporary warehouse of rich modern interiors and rooms adorned with vintage furniture, sculptures and eclectic art. Within its comfy chic decor, although the mood is friendly and relaxed, the staff are professionally attentive to your every need. The cuisine is exciting and the popularity of the Salthouse Eaterie fills this delightful waterfront restaurant as soon as the tables are laid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Salthouse Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salthouse Harbour Ipswich
- Hotel Salthouse Harbour
- Salthouse Harbour Hotel Ipswich, Suffolk