Salthouse Harbour Hotel
  • Pool
pentahotel Ipswich(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Restaurant
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
$106
$83
Travelocity
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$49
Travelodge
$75
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ipswich South Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
$74
$69
TripAdvisor
    1,461 results
    All reviewscopper bathsail loftmarina roomthe penthousesalt housesister hotelscallopsin bury st edmundslovely hotelfront facingsuffolk breakfastafternoon teafree standing bathcar parkbreakfast in bedboutique hotelhuge bed
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were exoecting great things from The Salthouse as we have stayed several times at the sister hotel, The Angel, in Bury St Edmunds and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. First impressions of The Salthouse did not disappoint! The location is lovely, especially on a clear sunny day with views of Neptune Marina. The spacious reception area with sofa and interesting objects is an excellent space for a drink or two as is the sitting area outside. A problem with our key card, which didn't work, was our first blip, one of us had to go back down and get it sorted, not a good start. Fortunately a new keycard did the trick. The room had a great view of the Marina but the window was rather small and the room was a bit on the narrow side and hot.
    The bathroom was fine altho the shower door was a bit tricky and I had a slight panicky moment when I thought I would be stuck in there for ever! The Salthouse isn't cheap and I think that a wobbly desk, a non-functioning table lamp and a small table fan on a very hot day is poor value for money. Plus I had to ask for more milk, only 4 very small cartons provided, milk is like gold dust in hotels ! The receptionist sent up a jug of it so well done there!
    We sat outside in the evening enjoying a drink in the lovely view and then went in to dinner.
    The dinner was a curate's egg really, FAB bottle of wine but my husband declared his Dedham Vale beef "dry and tasteless ', I enjoyed my veggie platter but I wasn't so sure about the battered samphire ! The home made ice cream was tasty but already melting when we got it!

We enjoyed our stay, which was a Special Offer including an evening meal and a bottle of wine,
    but felt that The Salthouse was not as good as it could have been, and once they start paying a little more attention to detail they could be as good as The Angel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Marina although it can be a bit noisy at night
    • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 9, 2012

One of the very few places we've stayed where nothing could be faulted.
    Booked for a Friday evening, upgraded from a standard harbour view to a Loft House room with copper bath, air con (which we did actually need as it was very hot!), balcony overlooking harbour. Flat screen tv's, huge bed - and ipod docking stations.
    No parking when we arrived but receptionist arranged for our car to be parked for us, no problem at all.
    Room fantastic. Very clean, brilliant views, good decor. Amazingly comfortable bed/pillows. Fab wet room and good toiletries provided.
    Ate in the restaurant, again - everything was excellent. Food, service - top class.
    The staff are extremely polite, helpful, efficient - and actually like their jobs!! We spoke to quite a few, who said it was a good place to work and the 'in/trendy' place to be - all of them very happy to be there...
    Would definitely stay again if in the area, and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a sea loft, harbour view room with balcony. Views are amazing, especially with a glass of bubbly in hand! Take ipods' etc., as they have docking stations/wi-fi.
    • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for a night back in January and hadn't gotten around to writing a review. The night away was a Birthday Treat and I loved every minute of it. The hotel room was lovely with a large bed, comfy chairs, desk, quirky decorations, built in closet, widescreen t.v and a beautiful, spacious bathroom. I would happily move in to this Hotel if I won the lottery as it was near to perfect. The bed was comfy, the room immaculate (I'm a bit of a germaphobe) apart from slight scuff marks on one wall there was no sign of wear and tear, the bathroom was gorgeous complete with a power shower, lovely deep tub, heated floors, bath robes and toiletries and the built in closet held complimentary tea's and biscuits.
    Our booking came with a £60 allocation for food so we dined in the restaurant which is also decorated incredibly beautifully, I couldn't stop looking around the room! We were seated near a large window with a view of the Harbour and all of the lovely, no doubt expensive yachts. Although the restaurant was relatively quiet, the lighting and mood was relaxed and romantic! The waitresses taking our order noticed I was deliberating over what to get so further explained each dish, helping me make my decision. We had a lovely shared starter and then steak and pork belly for main course - all of which were delicious and presented well, very impressed which is a hard task as both myself and my other half are chefs. Apart from a slightly lengthy wait for our bill I have nothing to complain about! We ordered room service later in the evening which was brought to our room incredibly quickly, and then in the morning had a full breakfast also.
    I'll finish my rambling here by adding that I'm about to book a room again, and that the receptionist (if my memory serves me right she had a dark bob) is a credit to you. Not only did she offer a friendly, warm welcome but she answered any questions and in the morning, when my other half wasn't feeling his best offered a complimentary drink for the road and wished us a safe journey home.

Room Tip: I can't remember the name of our room, but both myself and my parents have stayed there and the rooms were lovely!
    • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekend away, we both absolutely loved the hotel. Honestly one of the best I have stayed in, staff are friendly and attentive, couldn't do more for the guests. We arrived late afternoon and there wasn't any spaces left in the car park, before we had chance to look else where, we were welcomed to the hotel by a helpful member of staff who took the keys and parked up the car in a nearby car park (hotel paying for space) until there was room. Hotel itself is quirky and unique, from glowing bunnies in the reception to a pearl draped knight. The room was lovely, perfect touches, comfy bed, big tv and seperate bath and shower. We ate dinner in the restaurant - delicious. The next morning we had breakfast delivered to the room (no extra cost) beautiful. I want to move in. :) perfect perfect perfect. Thank you for a memorable weekend!!

• Stayed: September 2012
    Reviewed September 3, 2012

My second visit to Salthouse Harbour and it is excellent in every way - staff courteous, hotel clean and very well appointed - bedrooms very comfortable and breakfast superb. Cannot wait to visit again. Really nice touch from Hotel to leave card in rooms saying 'Welcome back'!

Room Tip: We had rooms 106 and 304 and 106 overlooks harbour and also side view from hotel - really superb to look over the harbour. Would recommend both rooms.
    • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family