“Great - all round”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Ipswich
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Great - all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

One of the very few places we've stayed where nothing could be faulted.
Booked for a Friday evening, upgraded from a standard harbour view to a Loft House room with copper bath, air con (which we did actually need as it was very hot!), balcony overlooking harbour. Flat screen tv's, huge bed - and ipod docking stations.
No parking when we arrived but receptionist arranged for our car to be parked for us, no problem at all.
Room fantastic. Very clean, brilliant views, good decor. Amazingly comfortable bed/pillows. Fab wet room and good toiletries provided.
Ate in the restaurant, again - everything was excellent. Food, service - top class.
The staff are extremely polite, helpful, efficient - and actually like their jobs!! We spoke to quite a few, who said it was a good place to work and the 'in/trendy' place to be - all of them very happy to be there...
Would definitely stay again if in the area, and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a sea loft, harbour view room with balcony. Views are amazing, especially with a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for a night back in January and hadn't gotten around to writing a review. The night away was a Birthday Treat and I loved every minute of it. The hotel room was lovely with a large bed, comfy chairs, desk, quirky decorations, built in closet, widescreen t.v and a beautiful, spacious bathroom. I would happily move in to this Hotel if I won the lottery as it was near to perfect. The bed was comfy, the room immaculate (I'm a bit of a germaphobe) apart from slight scuff marks on one wall there was no sign of wear and tear, the bathroom was gorgeous complete with a power shower, lovely deep tub, heated floors, bath robes and toiletries and the built in closet held complimentary tea's and biscuits.
Our booking came with a £60 allocation for food so we dined in the restaurant which is also decorated incredibly beautifully, I couldn't stop looking around the room! We were seated near a large window with a view of the Harbour and all of the lovely, no doubt expensive yachts. Although the restaurant was relatively quiet, the lighting and mood was relaxed and romantic! The waitresses taking our order noticed I was deliberating over what to get so further explained each dish, helping me make my decision. We had a lovely shared starter and then steak and pork belly for main course - all of which were delicious and presented well, very impressed which is a hard task as both myself and my other half are chefs. Apart from a slightly lengthy wait for our bill I have nothing to complain about! We ordered room service later in the evening which was brought to our room incredibly quickly, and then in the morning had a full breakfast also.
I'll finish my rambling here by adding that I'm about to book a room again, and that the receptionist (if my memory serves me right she had a dark bob) is a credit to you. Not only did she offer a friendly, warm welcome but she answered any questions and in the morning, when my other half wasn't feeling his best offered a complimentary drink for the road and wished us a safe journey home.

Room Tip: I can't remember the name of our room, but both myself and my parents have stayed there and the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekend away, we both absolutely loved the hotel. Honestly one of the best I have stayed in, staff are friendly and attentive, couldn't do more for the guests. We arrived late afternoon and there wasn't any spaces left in the car park, before we had chance to look else where, we were welcomed to the hotel by a helpful member of staff who took the keys and parked up the car in a nearby car park (hotel paying for space) until there was room. Hotel itself is quirky and unique, from glowing bunnies in the reception to a pearl draped knight. The room was lovely, perfect touches, comfy bed, big tv and seperate bath and shower. We ate dinner in the restaurant - delicious. The next morning we had breakfast delivered to the room (no extra cost) beautiful. I want to move in. :) perfect perfect perfect. Thank you for a memorable weekend!!

• Stayed September 2012
Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My second visit to Salthouse Harbour and it is excellent in every way - staff courteous, hotel clean and very well appointed - bedrooms very comfortable and breakfast superb. Cannot wait to visit again. Really nice touch from Hotel to leave card in rooms saying 'Welcome back'!

Room Tip: We had rooms 106 and 304 and 106 overlooks harbour and also side view from hotel - really superb to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Husband and I stayed here for one night as a little getaway, to celebrate our fifth anniversary. From the moment we arrived the service was exemplary, and the room (we were offered a marina view upgrade when we checked in) was spacious, comfortable and stunning, even without the wonderful view. Gorgeous roll top bath was a real treat. Dinner and breakfast were delicious! Thank you for a marvelous break =0)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Fab boutique style hotel. Large room, huge bed. Great view of Marina. Wonderfully efficient staff and delicious breakfast. I travel around the UK and stay in hotels regularly with work and I can honestly say that this is the best hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank seedoubleu
Port Erin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here recently on the recommendation from this hotels sister hotel the Angel in Bury St Edmunds.
The weather was so lovely when we arrived for a one night stay 23/08, our room wasn't ready but we asked about an upgrade to a harbour view and we got one for an extra £40.00, well worth the extra !!!! We returned just after 2 and went to our room, WOW, the harbour views were amazing as was the room,we were so sorry we were only staying one night !!!!! A freestanding copper bath in our room with views of the harbour .
We told the staff we had stayed at the Angel and they had a lot to live up to.
This hotel does not disappoint and while we preferred the modern twist on this hotel it would be churlish to try and compare the two, both fantastic in their own right !!!!
Breakfast was cooked to order and also did not disappoint ,the service was quick and professional even though they were really busy.
The hotel is in a lively area and you can walk around the harbour & you are quite spoilt where to stop for a drink or something to eat.

I was a bit torn to write this review as it is a fantastic find and we will not hesitate to go back as soon as we can but do we really want to share this? just in case there is no room the next time we want to visit !!!!!

Perfect perfect night, thanks to all the lovely staff at this perfect hotel !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thornton11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Swan Hotel & Spa Lavenham
#3 of 4 in Woodbridge
Hintlesham Hall
Hintlesham Hall
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham

Been to Salthouse Harbour Hotel? Share your experiences!