I stayed at this Hotel for a night back in January and hadn't gotten around to writing a review. The night away was a Birthday Treat and I loved every minute of it. The hotel room was lovely with a large bed, comfy chairs, desk, quirky decorations, built in closet, widescreen t.v and a beautiful, spacious bathroom. I would happily move in to this Hotel if I won the lottery as it was near to perfect. The bed was comfy, the room immaculate (I'm a bit of a germaphobe) apart from slight scuff marks on one wall there was no sign of wear and tear, the bathroom was gorgeous complete with a power shower, lovely deep tub, heated floors, bath robes and toiletries and the built in closet held complimentary tea's and biscuits.
Our booking came with a £60 allocation for food so we dined in the restaurant which is also decorated incredibly beautifully, I couldn't stop looking around the room! We were seated near a large window with a view of the Harbour and all of the lovely, no doubt expensive yachts. Although the restaurant was relatively quiet, the lighting and mood was relaxed and romantic! The waitresses taking our order noticed I was deliberating over what to get so further explained each dish, helping me make my decision. We had a lovely shared starter and then steak and pork belly for main course - all of which were delicious and presented well, very impressed which is a hard task as both myself and my other half are chefs. Apart from a slightly lengthy wait for our bill I have nothing to complain about! We ordered room service later in the evening which was brought to our room incredibly quickly, and then in the morning had a full breakfast also.
I'll finish my rambling here by adding that I'm about to book a room again, and that the receptionist (if my memory serves me right she had a dark bob) is a credit to you. Not only did she offer a friendly, warm welcome but she answered any questions and in the morning, when my other half wasn't feeling his best offered a complimentary drink for the road and wished us a safe journey home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This artfully designed boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Suffolk reflects luxury and dazzles in the waterfront of Ipswich's vibrant Harbour quayside at night. The Salthouse Harbour Hotel goes beyond what you expect and exudes its 4 star status in every curious corner, eccentric sofa and unstuffy cushion. The sea-salted brickwork exterior has been restored & rejuvenated into a ship shape contemporary warehouse of rich modern interiors and rooms adorned with vintage furniture, sculptures and eclectic art. Within its comfy chic decor, although the mood is friendly and relaxed, the staff are professionally attentive to your every need. The cuisine is exciting and the popularity of the Salthouse Eaterie fills this delightful waterfront restaurant as soon as the tables are laid. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Salthouse Harbour Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Salthouse Harbour Ipswich
- Hotel Salthouse Harbour
- Salthouse Harbour Hotel Ipswich, Suffolk