“Dinner with friends”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

We ate here on a very cold Saturday night, but the pub was full of happy people with a great atmosphere. We were warned there may be a delay due to a large party being ahead of us but this wasn't in fact the case, and our very tasty food arrived in very good time. The crayfish starters were apparently very good, and the Brie tart for a vegetarian main course was delicious. My friend had ham, egg and chips and the pile of freshly carved ham would keep anyone happy. Food prices were very reasonable but the alcohol was a little on the pricey side, however this didn't detract from what was a great evening. Look out for the pub cat !!

1  Thank Fairysparkle2013

Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

If you live in and around the Ipswich area, I would thoroughly recommend giving The Westerfield Railway a try. The food is always to a very high standard, the staff are really friendly and the interior design is one that is very unique to the place. It is timeless. My family and I have been here countless times before, and we really love it. Sometimes on the off day, the service can be a tad slow, but nearly always it is on the ball. Seriously, you're missing out!

Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

Myself and a colleague visited Saturday before a work do, the staff were lovely and welcoming, perfectly attentive, it was my first time eating here, the food was bang on, broccoli & Stilton soup followed by beef featherblade. I will absolutely be returning, Peter and Sarah have done an amazing job making this pub feel homely and comfortable.

1  Thank muckaniks
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

Very disappointing. Six of us for lunch-of the starters soup was delivered cold & went back to kitchen to be heated in microwave. But the mains were not good at all, the fish pie was exceptionally dry & presented in a bowl with "burnt food" on the outside; the gammon steaks were smothered in the parsley sauce and the chicken curry was very dry, with very little sauce. Despite making this known to the waitress no apology or acknowledgement was offered. Having eaten here before, this is far short of our expectations.
Based on today I would not recommend eating here.

Reviewed December 27, 2016

Eaten here on several occasions, this time for Christmas Day Lunch.
I can only rate this 5/5.
Service was excellent
Food was excellent
Atmosphere was excellent
I couldn't finish my lunch and neither could anyone else.
Fantastic day, loved it and reasonably priced

Date of visit: December 2016