“Fantastic”
Review of Grove Guest House

Grove Guest House
Ranked #11 of 35 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Despite only meeting our hosts briefly in the corridor, we were made to feel incredibly welcome and comfortable. The room had everything we needed and was perfect for our needs. The breakfast was a lovely personal touch, as were the fantastic 'directions' cards for local amenities. These things really set this guest house apart. Thank you for a fantastic stay Carol and Alan, we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
carolGR, Owner at Grove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thanks for leaving a positive review for us. We like to make sure all our guests feel comfortable and welcome, whether staying a night or a week. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Phone call from owner prior to stay to check if we needed directions to anywhere once we arrived. Room beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Fridge full of goodies for breakfast - or late night snack - cereal and bread too. Wonderful large soft towels and toiletries provided. Private car park which was good as street parking was sparse and Carol let us leave the car there even after we had checked out while we shopped :-). Highly recommended. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
carolGR, Owner at Grove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I'm pleased you enjoyed your room and breakfast and were able to shop the next day without worrying where to park. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I chose the Grove Guest house based on the location and reviews and we weren't disappointed!
Carol, the owner, emailed and texted me the day before our arrival to let me know the entry code, it was very reassuring and personal.
The room was very clean and comfortable and quiet and the continental breakfast, snacks, and drinks were everything we needed and more!
Walking down the the riverfront with all its bars and restaurants took only 10 minutes and Carol kindly let us leave the car in the carpark to save trying to park during the Maritime Ipswich festival.

All in all absolutely no niggles and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
carolGR, Owner at Grove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your positive review. I like to make contact prior to arrival so guests can arrive safe in the knowledge that their booking is as they expected. The entry code allows guests the freedom to come and go at their convenience. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and perhaps we will see you again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, 6th and 7th September 13 and couldn't have asked for anything better. We stayed in room 5 which was the smallest of the double rooms, but it was still really nice, clean and contemporary. We preferred not having a cooked breakfast as we could please ourselves what time we got up and there was still plenty of choice, cereal, yogurts, cereal bars, toast, fruit and cheese for a late night nibble.The host Carol was very friendly and helpful and went out of her way to assist and answer any questions. Would highly reccommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review. I'm glad you were happy with the room and breakfast arrangements. It does give guests the freedom to eat at a time of their choice in the morning...or even (as you said) have a late night nibble! Would be happy to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was very pleased with Grove Guest House. Good location within easy walking distance of the city centre and good quality local takeaways. I booked late online and the owner was not going to be at home but she ensured I was able to let myself in and make myself comfortable. My room was bright and contemporary, nicely furnished with newly renovated ensuite. It was the first B&B of my trip that didn't have a breakfast room but that was fine: the fridge was well stocked with breakfast items including cheese and yoghurt, with enough for an afternoon snack as well. A nice little table in the room provided good space for organising and eating. I was very glad of the parking space too. A good guest house for independent travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
carolGR, Owner at Grove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thanks for leaving a review from your stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that you were comfortable and had all you needed for your brief stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I chose Grove House as it was close to the Regent Theatre where I attended a concert...and because it was reasonably priced... The owner, Carole, was gracious and accommodating. The room was clean and well organized... The fridge was well stocked and there was plenty of coffee and tea. I felt welcomed and comfortable and would stay there again...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
carolGR, Owner at Grove Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks for your positive review. We are very handy for The Regent Theatre and have many guests that attend concerts/shows at that venue, although not many have travelled as far as you to attend! I'm glad you were comfortable during your stay with us.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Grove Guest House and was not disappointed at all. My room was very nice with a very comfortable bed. This is a B&B with a unique twist (at least to me). Fixings for my breakfast were in the room. There was everything from assorted hot drinks (coffee, tea, hot chocolate); a fridge for cold drinks (bottle of water, juice, milk) assorted cheese, butter, jams, yogurt; and other items such as granola; assorted boxes of cereal; wheat and white bread for toast; and fresh fruit (I think that covers it). Initially, I wasn't sure about this. However, I discovered the first night that I wanted a snack before bed. A bowl of cereal hit the spot. Carol was there each morning as I headed out, always making sure everything was to my satisfaction (and, it always was). I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I had room 5 on the second floor. I had a good view from both windows and they allowed for very goo...