“Fantastic food, well worth a visit!”
Review of henley cross keys - CLOSED

henley cross keys
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Husband and I visited for lunch on Friday. Had been wanting to visit since reopening and finally got the chance. Lovely fresh decor and a friendly smile/hello welcomed us. We both decided on the set 2 course lunch menu (starter + main) for £10. Nice choice of 4/5 dishes of each course. We both had breaded whitebait served with salad, pot of mayo and bread and butter. Absolutely delicious and a generous serving. Next onto mains, husband had hand carved Ham, chips and free range fried egg. Ham was nice and thick, and there were plenty of chips. I had Hunters chicken with chips and peas. Best Hunters chicken I've had
in a while! Tender, moist chicken with thick bacon, cheese and smokey sauce. Could not fault a
thing. Well worth £10 without a doubt. The pub/restaurant was quiet for a Friday lunchtime and really deserves to be busier. You need to check it out for yourselves!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Two meals at our newly opened local pub. Lovely meal on our vist first - not a huge chip eater but the chips were the best EVER!! Second visit, my chicken dish was wonderful - beautifully seasoned and I could have been at a first class restaurant. The Cross Keys deserves to be supported by all the locals and from people from far afield. Very friendly and our dog enjoyed the odd dropped morsel!

1  Thank woodie1964
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here two evenings on the trot. Staying in Ipswich on business what a great find. Lovely fresh home cooked food, great atmosphere. As a lone traveler I was made to feel very at ease by Mark and the locals, can recommend the chicken liver pate and the chicken in lemon tarragon sauce beautiful! Can't wait till I visit again.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went to the cross keys for a social evening, the pub was very accommodating and friendly. The food was very nice and good value, we will certainly go back as we had such a good evening

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This pub was shown on a website as just re-opened by a friend and we tried it 12th Feb 2014 on a cold and windy Tuesday afternoon - the warm welcome made up for the cold outside.
Very friendly and a log fire to greet us and a 2 course lunch for £10 - fantastic value.

The food was lovely and great value for money - the menu was slightly different to most local pubs but the quality and portions excelled.

This pub is well worth a visit and one we shall certainly be returning to in the near future.

Please please give this local pub a try - you will not be disappointed _PROMISE!

They even allowed my dog in as well which is a big plus from me!!

These guys deserve to succeed - dont let this local pub fail !

Cheers guys - Keith and guestsx